South Australian Model Expo Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.. and now a treat for zuluecho some Fw190 images as promised.. a couple of the following shots have been posted elsewhere but I thought I would post them all together in the one place, hope you don't mind, Enjoy!

Attachments

• Fw190A-5 Cockpit_a Detail.JPG
    Fw190A-5 Cockpit_a Detail.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Fw190A-5_b.JPG
    Fw190A-5_b.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Fw190A-5_c.JPG
    Fw190A-5_c.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Fw190A-5_d.JPG
    Fw190A-5_d.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 119
...and 2 final progress shots after painting and the first gloss coat was applied.

Attachments

• IMGP4902w.JPG
    IMGP4902w.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMGP4898w.JPG
    IMGP4898w.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 112
and while I am on a roll a treat for Wurger, acouple of Dora-9 shots from the 2005 Expo.

Attachments

• Fw190D-9 Chevron a.JPG
    Fw190D-9 Chevron a.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 117
  • Fw190D-9 Chevron b.JPG
    Fw190D-9 Chevron b.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Fw190D-9 Chevron c.JPG
    Fw190D-9 Chevron c.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 115
I see.It means that the Hasegawa kit is the same of Revell where the tail of Ta 152 is optional.I've found in Model Hobby magazine no.22 some Tomasz Golec's pics of the model.

The model and pics - Tomasz Golec.

Attachments

• Fw190D9_details2.jpg
    Fw190D9_details2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 119
  • Fw190D9_details1.jpg
    Fw190D9_details1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Fw190D9_3c.jpg
    Fw190D9_3c.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Fw190D9_2.jpg
    Fw190D9_2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Fw190D9_1.jpg
    Fw190D9_1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Fw190D9_details4.jpg
    Fw190D9_details4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Fw190D9_details5.jpg
    Fw190D9_details5.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Fw190D9_details5a.jpg
    Fw190D9_details5a.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 123
Hey Wurger TOP KIT!! I'm yet to do my 2 broad tail Dora's in 1/32. I have the Revell kit and the original limited edition Hasegawa with Brown 4. There is said to be a colour photo of Black 6 somewhere? but it is yet to be published as far as I know...would love to see it though. I really want to do Red 13 of JV44 but want to wait a little longer until the other D-9 books are released by Japo and Eagle Editions. So I think I will just have to do another D-9 while I am waiting...

It's just like me.The "Red 13" of JV44 is my favourite but somehow I cannot start assembling ( pure laziness ) :lol:

Hi Wurger, I have been holding off on Red 13 because of the new information that has been surfacing over the past 5 years and "interpretations" of this aircraft. I hope the final word can be said with the release of the new books.
Then both of us will have no more excuses not to build this bird....

Hi Wayne !!!
What the new book do you mean? I have Jerry Crandall's book "Doras of the Galland circus" Eagle edition.There are pics of "red 13" and others well-known Doras of Jv44.The problem is with Wubke's a/c only.I've found info that the plane was painted with black instead of the red paint on lower sourfaces.Besides the number "1" on the fuselage should be black also, not red.In the Academy 1:72 Fw 190D9 kit for instance,the decals of the number is red or blue optionaly.

Hi Wurger,all Jv44 lower surfaces are Red with the white striping as the Eagle files 1 shows as well as the Red numbers. I believe Jerry Crandall's research and The Japo D-9 Vol 1 leans toward this as well. Earlier info from Experten decals indicated Black lower surface and Black 1 but this detail has long since swung in favour of Red. A couple of colour photo's of Red 1 have been printed in Luftwaffe im Focus No.7 and appeared on the net some time ago.
There are supposed details of other aircraft numbers and variations on the undersides but these are yet to be proven via photo's.

Are you aware that the Red 13's number is different on each side of the fuselage for this aircraft. Photo's are in the Vol 1 from Japo, you got to get this book...save your pennies!! Eagle Files 2 also has the extra shots.

Is the Black detail you mention new info or has it been around for a while, I'm curious, what is the source of this info?

The info on the black surfaces and black"1" I've found in the AJ-Press book Luftwaffe 1935-1945,part 4 and the Czech magazine "Historie a plastikove modelarstvi" no.9/1994 and 5/1995.Besides I compared the colour pic from Luftwaffe im Focus No.7 and its black&white version I had made myself using the graphic application, to the W.Nr. 600424 a/c shot from The Eagle Files1.
I must say that the red colour gives different impression that the black one.Therefore I'm inclined to believe The Experten decals No. 72-1 book.What is more, Wubke as a commander could have his plane painted different from others.But it is my opinion only ( although there are possible some mates thinking in the same way :lol: )

Hi Wurger, check out the addendum for "Rote 1" on the Experten decals website, you will find some interesting info there where the authors now indicate a change from Black to Red numbers and undersides.
Please understand I respect your opinion about the black, however the most current and up to date info weighs heavily in favour of Red rather than Black. Some of the EF 1 photo's clearly match the under surface to the red ring of the crest while other prints would lean toward black. Now I would also point out that Red and white would be much easier for the flak crews to see and identify at various angles and high speed than black... what do you think?

Hi Wayne !!!
Thanks for the info.I'll check it on the site you've mentioned.Certainly authors of the books could be wrong in interpretation of colours.It isn't easy to say what colour was used for painting, having black&white photo only even if it has had a good quality.I also respect your opinion about the red.To be honest, I've incited the small discussion consciously.From my point of view it is great to compare notes with a more experienced modeler like you :D for instance.I'm very glad I could do it.As far as affecting of red and white colours on seeing and identification is concerned I agree completely.For instance, the RAF limited white areas in fin flashes and roundels,therefore the Russian stars had a white thin line around only.Besides there weren't painted red stars on upper sourfaces of wings and sometimes on lower ones.What's more Russians used yellow colour instead of white very often.But I'm sure you've already known about it.As far as a high speed is concerned, none of colours affects directly.I think that the problem with limiting speed or not is caused rather by a sort of the paint (glossy,semi-glossy,matt I mean).The matt enamels limit much more speed than the glossy ones.

Hi Wurger, I think you may have mis-interpreted my meaning of speed with actual paint type/application? My meaning was in relation to ground based flak gunners identifying an aircraft that is moving at speed as to whether it is friend or enemy and that Red would have been a better visibility aid than black for quick ID. Remember the D-9's were a protection flight, esentially doing circuits in close proximity to the airfield, they would not want their own flak gunners shooting at them. There are many instances of gunners shooting before confirming identity.

Hi !!!
As you can see I'm still not good enough at English to uderstand somebody's intentions, from time to time.:oops: :(
Now I've caught it. :lol: You are right, the red and white colours could help flak gunners to identify whether an a/c was friend or foe.Especially,at the end of the war when the allied air forces took superiority.

Hi Wurger, not a problem my friend, there are a number of friendly fire shoot downs noted in the Green hearts book by Eagle editions of D-9's returning to base or overflying their airfields and getting shot at, some being shot down and the pilots killed by thier own gunners!!
US Mustang Ace George Preddy was shot down by friendly fire and killed chasing a Bf109 at low level when he passed over an American column, they raised there guns and let rip at the aircraft not realizing their target was one of their own.
Sad for any pilot to lose his life from friendly fire...while doing his duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back