South Australian Model Expo Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Never realized the Pitot probe on the SU-27 was so close to the cockpit. Wonder why? Sukhoi couldn't model the probe interaction with the fuselage to mount it someplace else? Odd.

Great work. I'm very impressed.

Ok zuluecho another set of Gekko images for you...thanks for the comments guys..

Attachments

• Gekko_d.JPG
    Gekko_d.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Gekko_e.JPG
    Gekko_e.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Gekko_f.JPG
    Gekko_f.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 111
Hi Guys, hope all is back to normal? I couldn't get on yesterday for some reason.

Here are some final shots of the Gekko for you zuluecho, before I move on...

Matt308 please don't despair it took lots of time and practice and above all learning the skills to make a good model, your models aren't bad mate!but you do need to sack the model cleaner!!

Attachments

• gekko_g.JPG
    gekko_g.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Gekko_i.JPG
    Gekko_i.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 114
30 years of dust and neglect tend to do that. Wonder what kind of model I could build today. Hmmmmm.

Certainly not like yours. Did you scratch build the cockpit, was it stock or was it a kit. Nice.

Hi Matt308, the Gekko is OOB using only the kit components, I should have taken some progress pics like I did for the 190. The cockpit did take a while to get right with the various colours and I was rather pleased with how it turned out. The next Gekko will be 'Enhanced' with some extras.

Way cool. What sort of manhours do you have to invest for that level of detail. I recall my models taking about 8-16 actual work hours for the larger 1/72nd scale models.

The next Gekko will be 'Enhanced' with some extras.

ENHANCED!!??! :shock: i can't wait to see that.. the close ups are awesome.. thanks for posting them.. post your upcoming models too with the in progress pics! plz! 8)

Hi Guys!

Matt308 I think there was about 40 hours in total...maybe more over about 3 months, drove the wife crazy 'cause I spread out over the dinning room table for the last 2-3 weeks as it all came together. My models are very well travelled as I take them to work every day looking for a lunch time window to do some work on the model, today i had time to work on my Pearl Harbor Val, cutting, sanding and fixing the small components for the bomb to attach to, 5 small parts and that chewed up an hour! It took 2 hours just to mask off the inside and outside of the Gekko 3 piece canopy over 2 lunch breaks!!

zuluecho I still have 4 more Gekko's to build just got to pick which one will be next! 2 early version, 1 mid production and one more late version.
I will take a couple of shots of my current Val build before the painting starts and post them soon as well as those Fw190 shots I promised,hopefully tomorrow night if it's not too hot... we are expecting 38C tomorrow that is 100.4f in the city which means where I am north of the city it will probably be around 40C/104f... a bit of a stinker!!

Few minutes before heading off to work so I thought I would post another Expo pic... I love the Fw190D-9 and the Ta152 my personal favourites..

Attachments

• Fw190D-9_JV44.JPG
    Fw190D-9_JV44.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 109
Matt308 I think there was about 40 hours in total...maybe more over about 3 months, drove the wife crazy 'cause I spread out over the dinning room table for the last 2-3 weeks as it all came together. My models are very well travelled as I take them to work every day looking for a lunch time window to do some work on the model, today i had time to work on my Pearl Harbor Val, cutting, sanding and fixing the small components for the bomb to attach to, 5 small parts and that chewed up an hour! It took 2 hours just to mask off the inside and outside of the Gekko 3 piece canopy over 2 lunch breaks!!
QUOTE]

Thanks Wayne. Most impressive D-9

Hey zuluecho here are some Val progress pics, almost ready to paint.
Phew! its hot here guys.. as I type it is 1.45pm temp is 40C/104f by Foxtel weather, my thermometer outside the back door in the shade is hovering at 44C/112f

Took the Val shots this morning around 10 and it was already quite hot, don't think it slipped below 30C overnight!

Attachments

• Val Cockpit closeup_a.JPG
    Val Cockpit closeup_a.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 117
  • Val_3.JPG
    Val_3.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Val_2.JPG
    Val_2.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 105
Cool Wayne.I look forward to the shots of the final assembling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back