Spitfire Me109 toys

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

61fury

Airman
Aug 6, 2012
Scratch built I envisioned these as post war toys for kids. Batteries are for prop and machine guns. I bought a cheap sound kit, don't care for the sound. These things are not fixable. They took at least 2 years to build. The barn swallow, I used for the pilot's insignia, the most graceful and beautiful birds ever. I showed the speaker grill s and battery comparts too. I wish I had cleaned them up but I didn't. The red button is "fire", The lever on the back is the prop.
SpitMEspitside800x600-1.jpg

SpitME109side8x6006.jpg

SpitME109004800x600.jpg

SpitME109003800x600.jpg

Spitmeunderbat8x6.jpg

Spitmeunderbattery8x6.jpg

Spitmeunderswallow800x600.jpg

Hope they're 800x600 I resized them ,hope not too many pics for one post

Last edited:
Moderators please move this to the appropriate section, I don't know where it is. thanks, Jack

I've toy built many WW1 models also, they are quite a bit easier, all angle, no curves or filets. A Northrup Gamma was a huge pain

Last edited:
The Battle of Britain Playset, It just needs a fancy box.
I used to collect tin toys, mainly reproduction, Schuco, Paya , many no name Chinese toys. These planes were made out of scrap non corrugated tin cans. I used the plane proflies to use a central brass tube to solder the outside panels to.

The thread has been posted in the proper section methinks. So no problem for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back