Storm Of War: The Battle Of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hot Space said:
I can see BoB getting passed over very quickly for folk's to go back to PF because of it's limited plane set.

Storm of War not only features a new engine, it's a whole new series.
Oleg Maddox said the new Storm of War series would go around covering all theatres of WW2, so you eventually get just as many aircraft as in Il2, but with much better graphics.
If this is true, then the Storm of War series will eventually take over from Il2

If they put enough effort into a Battle of Britain scenario , then there would be no lack of fun. The amount of aircraft in the sky in any single air battle would be immense. And the number of aircraft types doesn't have to be limited to the Spitfire, Hurricane, Bf-109 and Bf-110. Inclusion of the bomber types as flyable, both Luftwaffe and RAF. Maybe include the Italian planes !? The Defiant ... some naval aircraft ? It wouldn't be as big as PF, for sure ... but I could see a lot of potential for a BoB.

Smokey, glanced through the interview. Looks interesting. Did he say when it will be out? I heard (somewhere in this thread) that it would be late this year.

Judging from what he said this thing is going to be a memory hog. No worries, closer you get to a decent sim, the more memory and power it will suck out of your pc. Should be very cool.

Someone posted some new pics at the Ubi forums:

BoB SOW Pics? Are these new? 56K beware - Topic Powered by eve community

Spit%20MkI_1.jpg

Ju-88A-1_1.jpg

Bf-109E-3_01.jpg

Morris%20CDSW-01.jpg

Earlier someone posted these pics at gamesradar:

GamesRadar - PC Images and Screenshots - Storm of War: Battle of Britain

Games Radar - PC previews - Storm of War: Battle of Britain - Highway to the danger zone

PCG171.scoop_bob.gen1--screenshot.jpg

PCG171.scoop_bob.gen2--screenshot.jpg

PCG171.scoop_bob.gen6--screenshot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back