Storm Of War: The Battle Of Britain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ANXBe.png

Last edited:
:lol:

Lost in translation. He was probably trying to say "long time no hear". He does quite well given that english is not his first language

Okay, I should have twigged that with a name like Oleg that he might not be at home with English. Okay, I just made a judgement mistake which I probably shouldn't have made.

I'd thought the game was going to be out last fall. Didn't show. Anybody know when it's coming out? Also, all the notes say it is going to be a stand alone, is that still accurate?

Cyrano: Are you 100% that it will be released this summer?
If it's true I'll have to run straight to the bank and loan some
money for my new computer! :)

Argh! Hope my next salary will be to my satisfaction. I just have to play this game from the beginning.
Hope the game will support more aircrafts in the air at the same. The feeling definitely is going to be ruined if you have a maximum of thirty aircrafts in a dogfight. If I want to get my tail blown off by someone I want it to be by
Leigh-Mallory's Big Wing. :)

Hope they don't promise and then not deliver. They'd said it was coming out last fall and that was a bust.

If there are more than 30 aircraft in the air at any given time, it is going to be tough for the engine to keep it going with a decent frame rate. That's more than 30 different variables. As each one adds, it's affect is greater than adding one as it has to interact with all the other variables as well. Sounds like this game will be a memory hog.

Keep in mind that we have no idea what this new engine will be like. We have no idea if some of the new AI technology will be in use... well. actually I think ti will because Oleg said that there would be AI traffic on the ground.... busses following routes etc... This is in the MS Gamer mag interview... There have been significant advances in AI technology programming for PC games since the now what.... 10 year old IL2 engine was released? (Bear in mind that the IL2 engine was actually a space sim before IL2... and FB is just the IL2 engine stretched to the max..) I saw a demo of this that I lost the link to.. it was a tank battle with dozens of AI tanks fighting each other.... it was pretty cool.. but it was only scratching the surface. Consider what the IL2 engine was in comparison to the contemporaries of it's day... and prepare to be wowed.... I have seen nothing mind you.. but just going from past experience.... I am not worried one bit about what SoW will contain and I am already stashing my loot for a new PC if it becomes necessary ... if it is ... I will just enjoy SoW at toned down settings and FB until I can tweak it. When I first got IL2 I was running with an XP1600 on a 9000Pro with a SB live soundcard. I have seen improvements with each upgrade.... up to my current Fx-53 with a 6800GT, SB Audigy.. I have no doubts that SoW will be the next gen equivalent.... in other words... you won't get all the butter with a middle of the road rig.. but you should be able to get enough of a taste to enjoy it... and when youi can upgrade... it will be almost like getting another sim.

It may be late.. then again it may not.. personally I think we will see it around the fall/winter of 07 or early 08... Of course I hope I am wrong.

Good posts guys. Hope it's worth and we're not being hyped. Given the stuff he's put out so far, I think we're good. Oleg hasn't dissapointed yet (except for the missions in the PF- Nothing for a US Army/RAAF/RNZAF between the start and end of the war, depressing).

Anyway, looking forward to it.

looks like itll be time for another comp as i already have il2+fb+ap+pf on this one....still need 46' lol

None that I've found, other people post about it, information here and there. Now read the game will be available by Dec 2007.

At this rate, we'll get it for the 100th anniversary of the battle!

What stats are you expecting the game to require computer wise eg.
have a look at these stats from my PC rekon it will play it ????
R.A.M-2 gigabytes DDR 2
C.P.U- AMD athalon x2 dual core processers running at 2.7 ghz
Graphics card- G force 7600 GT with 256mb R.A.M .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back