Stripped down Mosquito MK IV 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys

On a dutch forum, they ask " ehh Bert, is that tiny rearwing thing strong enough to handle?"

I could given a long answer to prove the strengthness of my built, but why not a short movie

Even one of the Chihauhau's, no, not the framed one, just looked and thought, "no, I could break my teeth, let it go"

As mentioned in the post above, I do everything 2 or 3 times and that still gives me a deja vu feeling every time you read my updates, not only a bit frustrating for you, but sometimes for me too. Although I do have a plan and steps in my head, sometimes it is not possible to keep something or to improve it because the previous version is not good, breaks down or whatever.
Like the next piece
I had now largely made the control for the rudder from printed parts, but I noticed that this is not strong enough after all and I did it again
Like it was

029c2b9bb9f82300e3d8c3e54794f7d5.jpg

and how it is now

0fb1e7c76916cf435770b16fa68dd4e5.jpg

This works just a little smoother and yes, you miss the lever for the trim mechanism, me too, because I only see it now :(
But then..........I had been struggling with it for a few days, because I didn't know how to do it.........namely the rudder put on the rear wing. This is originally attached to the BH7with a kind of luxury pin/hole connection and is then further secured with adjustable rods, with which you can adjust the angle of the rear wing.
At some point it's a question of "death or the gladiolus" and I just started stupid, see where the ship strands

197ddd9e7e22d19d0a4fca48d5de39db.jpg

f5a2893333de3f3d2a34abc57da9be87.jpg

Well, that was not easy, but with the 1st adjusting rod it is kind of stable, the rod is still loose on the axle in the front (that copper wire that you see sticking out)
It was a bit of work, loosened it a few times because it was not aligned properly, still not, but the resin remains a bit bulged, even after a few treatments, yep......... I'm afraid that's going to be a deja vu moment :)
The upper bars are attached to the hinges at the back but not yet in the front, they are not yet in the bottom either, because I also have to fumble a mudguard in and I have to make that first. In the previous attempt I had done this by sticking a couple of plates together and then sanding, but because the fender is fairly square, but made a kind of box, also the lower stabilizing bars, here the fender will eventually hang in.

f5eb2800a46666e306797ac5b8bc9652.jpg

This picture could be in the motocycles area as a front fender for a Harley

But with some sanding and fruts I made a fairly similar copy of it

6e208c17c82347af6a492a46e1930e53.jpg

And when we dry-fit it in the wing, it turns out to look very attractive

9f735ac51e19335d92503e58deca5274.jpg

50ebf0e84727c6952027db94c577cd61.jpg

and take a look under the skirt
aaceb868128888d46c0cc83663c9f593.jpg

Unfortunately, with this hassle the adjusting mechanism at the rear of the wing has broken loose, where the rods of the elevators and the control for the trim tabs run

But, what do I have now and what does that look like?
For a rough reference I had the Revell kit at home at the time and put the hull on the table with the parts included.
So tailpiece, Frames 5 4n 4 and the cockpit. There is still a lot to do and I thought at the beginning that I could accomplish this in a year

3acb18958dd5ab0d89e721c9f3b74c08.jpg

And then it was ............... Monday, time for an update. Not a big one because my weekend was very short (in my opinion) and busy.

The wife has a new hobby, casting candles and we wanted to make a mold of a baby Yoda that I once printed out. Well believe me, on the YT videos it's all a breeze and done in no time, but not with us. Mold leaks, rubber does not solidify, model sticks, in short, everything that can go wrong goes wrong and certainly because we are both rather stubborn, that also crashes a few times during the performance. Well, just like with the Mossie, we'll just make a 2nd, 3rd, 4th

So I didn't do much, I once started to make a shape from a few pieces of styrene stuck together.

be38203a8cb5d865e184736e78454b3c.jpg

Yes really, this is a part for the plane and not a botched shoe last, hope the next photo will shed some light, let's see

03bd8b58a73dd5a59957b42b360706e8.jpg

Pasted some pieces here too and started sanding

Just like with sculpting, it's really not difficult as you just need to remove those bits that are not needed

But maybe it's not really clear yet, so just a compilation

e08108f195ecc4e39dbce235c3118b06.jpg

Yep, now it becomes clear, it's the fork for the tail wheel, with the housing on it for turning and for the controls, because the tail wheel is retractable, only I'm not sure how yet, there is some kind of jack that lifts the house to pulls down towards the nose or pushes up again, whereby the construction then falls into a kind of lock, but whether this is hydraulic (which I assume) or with air, I'm not sure. There are switches so that it is visible in the cockpit that the tailwheel is in the position that has been chosen, I have to work from a sketch and a few photos, so a lot is simply trying out

So here's the next picture

173952622217ecf412b18ceddd95c94d.jpg

To fit everything into the model, many of those beautiful supports have, oh well, I just use my hobby box

cdac563e6cfe8071cb01cfae1d3040a8.jpg

I've glued in the mudguard, but not the rest yet. because........... you believe it or not, but I made the wheel house again, it was not right in proportion and was so I started making a shape from a bunch of pieces of styrene stuck together

90a8036fff4e0c1f86cc1ca5316e0f1d.jpg

So I'm here now, now some more details, making the jack and stuff and then passing it in, I've considered making it movable too, but I'm afraid I won't get the pivot pin holes right in BH7 without destroying other things, but ..........i never say never

Users who are viewing this thread

Back