Stuka Dive Flaps

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm afraid the diecast model should be called the G-2 version but not the G-1. Undoubtedly the wing is of the 15m wingspan for the real plane. Also all well known pictures of the kite show the Werk Nummer of the white colour.

Ju87G-2_4.jpg
Ju87G-2_4a.jpg

What is more I'm not sure if there were the MG fairings.

g2_a.jpg
g2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Once you pointed out the differences to me, they are indeed very easy to spot now! Thank you very much! Also thanks to Geo for sending the PDF with lots more pictures this will all help a lot. The kit I have is missing a lot of detail on the flap actuators and so forth so I am going to try my hand at making some up out of plasticard and some strip styrene from Evergreen.

Once you pointed out the differences to me, they are indeed very easy to spot now! Thank you very much! Also thanks to Geo for sending the PDF with lots more pictures this will all help a lot. The kit I have is missing a lot of detail on the flap actuators and so forth so I am going to try my hand at making some up out of plasticard and some strip styrene from Evergreen.

My pleasure Robert.

Regarding the flap actuators of the Revell model.. IMHO these aren't missed there , just these were moulded as solid parts together with the wing. That's made them looking incorrectly. Most of modellers here i Poland just cut the ailerons and flaps off entirely and sand the actuators down. Then new hinges and actuators are made from scratch to get the proper appearance. It is possible for both 1/72 and 1/48 scale. The 1/32 or 1/24 one I don't mention at all.

Last edited:
I am building a 1:48 Stuka kit from Revel. The questions I have are several. First I have included a reference picture. If you look between the various trailing slats or flaps you will see daylight between each segment. This is what I would have thought. The kit came with plastic not flash between each one. I have been removing it. But my question is were there attachment points right on the ends of the flaps?

The last question is does anyone have any idea what the color scheme on the reference plane is? It looks odd?
View attachment 377117
View attachment 377118 View attachment 377119 View attachment 377120 View attachment 377121 View attachment 377122

Each wing has two pieces of flap (inner & outer flaps)and one surface as an eleron. The type of the flaps and slats of the Stuka are originally slatted.
The original color & paint of the Stuka during Battle of Britain were
RLM-65, dark green & Black green.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for actuators and hinges.

View attachment 377127

Cheers

Steve

Hey everybody,

i´m just about to start building this bird and am currently researching most possible details. i´m reading this forum for a while now and I really wonder where you always get all these infos and pics?! Absolutely great.
S Steve : Is there any chance to get the source for the blueprint with these rivetlines? Or can you send me the file per pm? I´m really searching for such a print for a long time.

PS: sorry for bad english ;)

Cheers
Nico

Users who are viewing this thread

Back