stupid question about group builds

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

have you guys ever thought of doing a "Group" build....all the same fighter group....and then donating those to the museum for that group for them to display?

Do you have a particular museum in mind? I might have some I could do - spare P-51D Mustang there for sure.

Next GB is a split build? Not so bad one being the jet age '44-'45. That makes a whopping choice of about 10 aircraft, including German prototypes.

My preferred options, to be narrowed down:

Fiesler Fi 156C Storch (Eduard Strip down kit) - recon
Horten Ho IX V3 (incomplete prototype) - jet age
Lockheed C-60A Lodestar (RNZAF)- transport
Messerschmitt P.1101 (incomplete prototype) - jet age
Messerschmitt Me 323E-1 Gigant - transport
Nakajima C6N1 Saiun - recon

The Saiun is definite, the rest TBD.

Im really upset with squadron they didnt have the photo etch Fug 200 in stock but listed as in stock... so dummies like me buy it and get charged... then they worry about how they will acquire it later... now im waiting for a response or a refund! So im not sure if im going to enter a JU 88H or not. i could build it myself but would rather use the PE set. If that doesnt come through I have a few i could do second runner up is gonna be a 1\48 BV 141 for recon, I have a Ar 234 nightfighter or a Me 262 nightfighter, or a ar 234 C-4 recon but i dont want to rip off Andy's idea so i think if its not the Ju 88H, then the BV 141 , or a Me 262b two seat nightfighter ...

like 10 years ago i never had this problem, but normally i use scale hobbyist . just no one seems to have the Fug 200 in 1\48 or atleast has it in stock... squadron just claimed too lol! anyone have a favorite online retailer? i may be missing out on some good ones.

Jason, don't worry about an Ar-234 entry being "my idea". We're all free to enter what we want and I would not be put off at all if you entered one. The other entries sound interesting too though.

Agreed! ...that said, the only reason you don't see an Me 262 on my list is because I expect atleast 6 will be entered! Rather keep some variety in there.

My definites:

Nakajima C6N1 Saiun
Horten Ho IX V3, as captured by advancing US troops.

Next contenders the C-60A or P.1101 - see at the time.

Me 262 nightfighters just look sweet to me !... If i do end up doing a Ar 234 it will be the nightfighter bird but i doubt i will do it in a time frame for this build. or the 234 C i have been doing too many RLM 81 82 schemes lately. . Im sticking to my glass house ideas Ju 88 H or Bv 141B a kit i have had laying around forever and i kinda want to see it buil such a cool plane in its own way. for anyone who isnt familiar with the BV 141
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV96hXwWN7c
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA5giaFPLQs some cool videos.
Right now my number one time consumer would be the Ju 88 H as my first choice I will be scratch building Fug 200, camera bays, and a few other mods. second choice is the BV 141b, or third i would love to do a Fw 189 but i really doubt i can get all of them done or should spend money on more models to buy a Fw 189. . . My heads crawling with things i want to build all time ! kinda feel like its not such a bad thing to have several builds going at one time, i used to be bad about that. needless to say im excited about doing a group build ! I was talking to paul about building a spanish civil war Me 109 for the prewar group build but i decided to save it for another scheme. Thanks again for all the feedback

Just a quick side-note here...perhaps it can be taken to a new thread or discuission, at least...why not a group build that set a specific theme and all the aircraft from that GB are donated to a museum?

In other words, let's say, for example, that the museum is oriented towards the Pearl Harbor attack. Then the GB would be based on the aircraft involed on that day, December 7, 1941 and the completed models are then donated to that museum for it's display...

Just a thought...now back to the thread! :)

I like the idea.

I love modelmaking but often move. Kits made over the last 16 years have been given away to mates or neighbours as they always smashed in transit previously . On one occasion donated an RNZAF P-51D Mustang model to a new museum (who have since lost it and most other things I loaned...but that's another story)

If there is a *reliable* museum who want specific theme aircraft as you say, I'm keen. All I'd ask is they cover the postage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back