Submarine hunters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gemhorse said:
Ohhh, thanks for that one Redcoat !!... Hear that guys, Mossies did something P-38's didn't do.....

Gemhorse

Oh yes, and how many torpedoes coul Mossies carry? 1 if I remember correctly. And how insane would it be if a fighter could carry more torpedoes than a light bomber with a bomb bay...oh wait a sec...the P-38 COULD carry 2 :shock: ;)

Yes LG this argument is ridiculous. No-one is ever gonna give in to the other so there isnt any point arguing about it. Now lets get back to the topic in question before this turns into yet ANOTHER P-38/Mossie thread...

lighting guy said:
And the fact that the British didn't have that many options to fly off their jeep carriers.

thaqt is not true because the british can borrow planes from the US(wildcats, etc...) or they can use the sea hurricanes, and lot more including seaplanes

Home-grown. And why use anything different, if the Swordfish is doing the job?

I know that was your point. And nothing, really. I suppose Sea Hurricanes could be used, equipped with rockets.

Fulmars would have been a poor choice. You would have needed something able to carry rockets or decent sized guns. The Fulmar had neither.

If you are wanting to talk about the Barracuda, go over to the 'butt-ugly aircraft' thread in the photo section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back