Suing your college

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What a mess she is. That is like suing your driving instructor if you don't pass your driving test; unfortunately I don't expect it to be thrown out so quickly in the U.S. - after all, someone sued McDonalds over being a fatty. I cannot imagine the destruction of the U.S education system if this stupid, stuck-up, self-righteous piece of turd gets her way. Maybe if she was brighter, she might have had a job by now. :p

I dunno, seems like the right thing to do. There are a ton of useless and stupid people out there with college educations. They probably shouldn't have wasted their time in college. Advanced degrees aren't for everyone and Trina is probably in that camp. But advanced degrees are a commodity anymore and plenty of people get sold on them.

Unfortunately, she is suing only on the basis of them not helping her find a job, not because she is obviously too stupid to have a college degree be of any use. If she were suing them for their taking her money and giving her a degree that is of no use, the case would be much more interesting. Questioning the value of the whole college expenditure is probably going to show up more in the future.

if that's the case, timshatz, we should all sue the colleges for giving idiots like that degrees...and making our qualifications much less desirable. :p :lol:

Heh. Just another reason I never went to college. And unfortunately, I have to agree....she'll probably win this one, knowing today's judicial system and the juries they pick.

Ever look in the Lawyer section of your Yellow Pages? This moron is the reason there are 50 pages of Law Firms and Lawyers in it.
Unfortunately this is not the firest case of a College Student suing the school for Tuition and I fear it will become more common, particulalry if this brainiac get her 15 minutes of fame and actually wins a lawsuit (doubtfull, but I wouldn't put it past out justice system).
I'm sure the College in question "Guaranteed" job placement after graduation and that is the basis of the lawsuit.

She believes.....

"any reasonable employer would pounce on an applicant with her academic credentials, which include a 2.7 grade-point average"

2.7 GPA? That ain't even a "B".

She's an idiot, and if the case isn't thrown out, the judge is a bigger idiot!

TO

I'm sure the College in question "Guaranteed" job placement after graduation and that is the basis of the lawsuit.
She might want to give it a little longer than 3 months
A little ironic that she's majored in business something-or-other and yet has failed completely to factor the global economic downturn into her career plans

I don't know this U.S GPA points system; explain... I assumed 2.7 was average; 'cos she complained about 4.0s getting better treatment ('cos they're SMARTER, maybe?)

During the last Presidential election someone stated that Americans are whiners and I'm starting to beleive it is true with the youth in this country. They are brought up as beleiving the world revolves around them by thier parents and if they don't get what they think they deserve they piss and moan and Lawyer up.
While she's at it she may as well sue her parents as they clearly did not do the best job they could in raising her, and the Genes they passed on to her clearly weren't up to snuff either! Maybe you take that McDonalds job she mentioned and work your way up in the company.

""It doesn't make any sense: They went to school for four years, and then they come out working at McDonald's and Payless. That's not what they planned."

This is the comment that really proves my point. People think they are entitled to get everything they want in life, no matter what. I didn't plan to be where I am today, when I started out , but that's is how the ball bounces sometimes get over it.

Last edited:
This woman is an idiot - Based on her having the audacity to file such a lawsuit, I don't see her ever finding a job outside of being a burger flipper, and even then I'm being generous.

This woman is an idiot - Based on her having the audacity to file such a lawsuit, I don't see her ever finding a job outside of being a burger flipper, and even then I'm being generous.

Nothing wrong with being a Burger flipper, at least it's brings in some cash. Start at the bottom and work your way up. I know a couple people that manage a McDonalds and they make pretty decent wages.

if that's the case, timshatz, we should all sue the colleges for giving idiots like that degrees...and making our qualifications much less desirable. :p :lol:

Works for me D, if I were inclined to sue. Which I'm not.

The only hard, fast rule I have about lawyers is avoid them like the plague. If you win, it will cost you, if you lose, it will cost you. Only way to win is not to play.

Pretty soon, people will be suing for the college allowing them to skip class to often, or because they spent too much time going out to the bars and not enough time studying, or even because they did not do well enough to graduate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back