Supposed WWII skeleton found dangling above Kokoda Track

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com

Supposed WWII skeleton found dangling above Kokoda Track - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Wow, thats amazing.
We just heard it on the radio going into school this morning.
Incredible that it has stayed like that for 60 years, undiscovered.
At least now the family will have closure, instead of a 'missing in action'

Doesn't sound right. If it's in the harness, wouldn't all that stuff rot away in the Jungle. Even if it is covered in moss, it would all just waste away to nothing. Probably happen in a couple of years.

Unless they actually saw the harness and whatnot, I'd be suspicious. If it is a human in there, it might be a better idea to find out if anybody jumped out of an airplane over the last couple of years.

Agreed. My first inclination is to be slightly skeptical. Troops were complaining of uniforms and boots rotting away after a matter of months in the jungles, I don't think anything would survive 60 years, much less still capable of holding a human body suspended in the air. I also don't think that the animals/insects would allow enough tendons to survive that long to keep a skeleton intact. We'll see.

Maybe it was a bush pilot from the past few decades.

More likely, that is if it is in fact a pilot and not a mixture of vines, moss and an odd looking tree. All the article says is these guys saw something in a tree, they didn't come home with dog tags or any physical evidence. Can't say as I blame them, I wouldn't want to go climbing around in a jungle either.

Just have a hard time believing anything, including bones, would keep it's shape up in a tree over 60 years. Maybe the last 6 months or possible a year or two.

Users who are viewing this thread