Swine Flu

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here as well -also on the news alot and being highly recommended against going to Mexico

Many people quarantine in their homes up north and I heard tonight someone in Christchurch (Where I live) is in hospital suspected with it

Okay, I wasn't planning on going to Mexico. I live pretty far up North (Vermont for college and hometown's in Connecticut) I'll do the precautions they say to take, but I'm not that worried about the flu. I remember the bird flu, and the media frenzy that followed, but nothing happened where I was.

All of the cases outside of Mexico have been pretty mild. Bunch up in NYC, one just reported in Phila. But only one person has even been hosptialized in the States.

Meanwhile, a normal flu season kills about 36K. And I think that is just in the US.

It's coming into summer (worst time to be a flu bug, great time to be a human) so the odds of it doing anything are small. People are worried because the 1918 Flu started this way. Initially mild in the late spring then came roaring back with a mutation in the Fall that was a killer. Still, it was fatal in only about 5% of the cases (mostly people in their teens and 20s).

In short, for now, big deal. But...

I am afraid that people will start panicking. If people panic the results to the economy, logistical, transportation and normal life could be far more dangerous than the pandemic itself.

It seems to me that most people can fight it off. Even in Mexico thousands of people have recovered and left the hospital.

It also makes me wonder how many people actually have the normal flu, but are going crazy because of all of this thinking they have the swine flu.

It's like when you tell people to evacuate in a calm and sensible way....then they all start to panic and run! Think media blows the whole thing up more than they have to.

There is some funny business going on here. I doubt this is swine flu. I think this is a smoke screen for Obama to shaft us with his government non-health care. This is a created crisis. And this Chicago Gang hates let of crisis go to waste.

This is just one of many "wag the dog" things we are going to get from this Gang to keep the facts about their corruption from making the news.

Bill G.

No offense man, but I think you need to stay away from the conspiracy theory sites.

No offense man, but I think you need to stay away from the conspiracy theory sites.

I thought the same thing. It's one thing to dislike Obama, but it's another thing to blame him for everything :lol:

About the Pig flu: It's very well treatable with virus inhibitors. I suspect it's mainly because of the Mexican health system that they have that many casualties. BTW, don't start wearing face masks like some suggest. It's silly. They don't help as a virus particle is too small and will easily go through.

There is some funny business going on here. I doubt this is swine flu. I think this is a smoke screen for Obama to shaft us with his government non-health care. This is a created crisis. And this Chicago Gang hates let of crisis go to waste.

This is just one of many "wag the dog" things we are going to get from this Gang to keep the facts about their corruption from making the news.

Bill G.
That is one BIG conspiracy theory.

I aggree 100%.

True Chris, took me only about 5 seconds to come up with that one. Does that make me a bad citizen? :lol:

Of the US, yeah. But you live in Scottland. PC may be in your back yard but Obamamania probably hasn't taken hold over there like over here. Some people think he walks on water. Closer to Chance the Gardener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back