T Bolt's 1:1 P-47 Cockpit (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beautiful job Mike! and it takes up a lot less room the way you display yours! :lol: I thought about doing my lettering like that, but came up with the decal method. How long did it take you to get the whole thing together? I see you've gotten hold of an original throttle quadrant, early model razorback by the look of it. My project started to get out of hand when I acquired my throttle. I wanted to display it in the proper position relative to the panel and that's when the whole project became 3 dimensional. Than I found the windscreen and it was a matter of keeping the overall size small enough so I could get it out of the door. I haven't done any work on it lately, but hope to get back to it this winter.

Glenn

I only own the Panel all the rest belongs to the museum owner. I still have the primer panel somewhere with a near new primer I picked up at a car swap meet, never know what you will find!
I copied the panel and he filled it with instruments and its been there ever since:!:
From memory it did take a long time to rub each letter and line them up.
I'll have to find my folder with the info but I think it was an early D model from the call sign badge.
I'll look forward to your progress over the coming months.

Mike

Just one more thing I have to change. I never said I could spell :oops: I'm going to redo the plate for the throttle quadrant anyway as I'm not quite satisfied with it.

Hi Glenn

Amazing work you are doing, is great to read and see all what you have done.
I also wants to build a P-47 cockpit, I have most of the cockpit part , I have some photos of my proyect but, I don´t know how to post photos, on these forum, can some one help me on these one..
Regards, from another south part of the world.....Chile.
Ricardo

Hi Ricardo. To post pictures, first re-size them to no larger than 800 x 600 pixels. Then, when posting, click the 'Go Advanced' button below the Message reply box. You'll see a window appear, with five boxes, in the 'Manage Attachments' field. Click the first box, and select the required image from your PC folders. Repeat as required, up to five times, then click 'Upload'. You can keep repeating this, five images at a time.
When finished, close the window and complete your post as normal.
Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing your pics !

Hi all, I have to work out of town most of the week, so I´m not so fast in answer the forum, but here is what you ask for........

I´m working now on the drawings, Autocad 2009, is taking me a lot of time to finish it..

The black and white, cockpit picture is from a Chilean P-47 that crash landed in the fifties, and that´s is the cockpit that I wants to build, P-47 D-40-RA.

I have a lot of work ahead, this is just the beginning.

Attachments

• 26 Agos 2010 006.jpg
    26 Agos 2010 006.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 26 Agos 2010 002.jpg
    26 Agos 2010 002.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 10 sep 2010 018.jpg
    10 sep 2010 018.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 358
  • Cockpit1.jpg
    Cockpit1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 362
  • P-47 F.jpg
    P-47 F.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 358
Impressive collection Ricardo! Looks like you have just about everything you need! It took me almost 2 years to collect most of what you have there. Where did you find the stick grip? That's one thing I haven't been able to find and was planing on trying to carve out of wood. Once you're ready to start putting it together you should start a thread!

A great collection of parts, and thanks for posting the pictures. Would you be able to make a mould from the stick grip, in silicone? If so, maybe Glenn could then mould a resin grip for his cockpit ? Just a thought.

Glenn

I bought some items from Ebay, and there I met John, from Depot 41.

Depot41.com

I ask for the stick grip, and he told me he still have some for sale, I can give you his Email if you want.

Thanks Ricardo. I sent you a PM

I found this on youtube and had the crazy thought of what it would be like to bolt my cockpit onto the backside of a rig like this and hook up all of the engine controls to it! I know It's Never, Ever going to happen, but I can dream cant I?! I really need to get back to work on it!..
Make sure you watch it from 6:00min to the end. The guy really throttles it up!!. My wife in the other end of the house complained about the noise when I played it! :lol:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVD7m9gqQ8M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back