Taking heading 270, towards the sunset!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
Hi folks -

Well if all goes well I'll be "semi-retired" come August. Got offered a part time gig that pays almost what my full time job does now. This plus my drone work and flight instruction will more than make my ends meet. Hoping to have a super flexible schedule, no more "9 to 5" BS!!! My next step is making it to 65 (5 more years) then after that I won't even get out of bed unless I want to! Feeling very blessed theses days, just had to share!

Hi folks -

Well if all goes well I'll be "semi-retired" come August. Got offered a part time gig that pays almost what my full time job does now. This plus my drone work and flight instruction will more than make my ends meet. Hoping to have a super flexible schedule, no more "9 to 5" BS!!! My next step is making it to 65 (5 more years) then after that I won't even get out of bed unless I want to! Feeling very blessed theses days, just had to share!
Congrats, in 90 days I will be fully retired from the IT world also, can't wait. Be happy,healthy and enjoy life...

Great news! Many years ago while still working at Kodak, the company began a personnel development program. At my annual review, my manager asked what my long term goals were with Kodak. When I told him, "to reach early retirement age in good health" he was speachless. Glad to see you do it.

Well, just think, you can collect Social Security Retirement in the not too distant future!

Last year was my first year to get that, and I mainly needed it to pay the Medicare fees. After they took that out I got $20K from SS retirement last year.

Not counting the Medicare deductions from my SS payments and the taxes on my USAF retirement pay, I paid another $22K back.

So don't plan on SS Retirement being there for you. Even if it is paid to you they'll figure a way to take it all back - and then some.

And whatever you do get they'll take half of that back through inflation over a 20 year period. I.E. central bank( the fed in the U.S.) increases money supply over time beyond the increase in Gdp resulting in each dollar being worth proportionally less. At 3.5% inflation( which is really the value of the dollar/ pound, etc. going down in value 3.5% a year) the value of the currency gets cut in half over 20 years.
So in 20 years they will only be paying a portion of ones original benefits because it will be paid in cheaper dollars and the cost of living adjustments nowhere near keep up with inflation.
This is of course the practice behind all deficit spending. Borrow now, devalue the currency( inflation), pay it back in cheaper dollars later.

Last year I literally paid more in Federal, State, and local real estate taxes combined than I spent, 150% more. And that does not count sales taxes.

I guess I was lucky, One girl.
Started working at 14, now close to retiring her own self in two yeqrs with 20 years service as a cop and just 45 now.
My son? well he's doing okay, he's Not an axe murderer!!!!!!!! Bwaahaahaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back