Thank you very much, Jesse, Steve and Andy. Two steps from completion
I've painted the spinner primer red and when we get back from our morning death march, I'll brush on some hair spray. As these were water craft, not to much chipping
Togetherness being achieved. Not a stellar fit. The joins are okay but it seems like the halves have been flattened somewhat over time. Not a big deal, a bit of sanding
While waiting for seams to set I did a quick test fit of the cowling to the fuselage. I noticed that the top of the cowling (A) was standing proud of the fuselage (2). Concerned I went to the references and this is all good. I'm going to thin the insides.
Speaking of inside the cowling, I've found that the colour could be black, silver or aotaki. I've got bottles of blue and green from back in the day when we thought all Japanese interiors were this colour and now I finally have a chance, 30 years later, to use some
Chipped some paint on the spinner, kinda, sorta worked. I like it. Ignore the paint on the blades, its just extra paint. I'll remove it and add some more
This is my weapon of choice for small chips, the small bristles
Thanks guys. Still bouncing around. No bombs or racks on this one so gooped up the attachment holes. It went on thick so still a little soft. One of the few times I've opened up the spent cartridge chutes
Still a bit of fuselage sanding to do. The reason I haven't installed the innards yet is that it will be easier to spray the areas under the clear parts black without having to mask up the cockpit. I'll do this the same time I do the cowling as they were the same colour