Tamiya 1:48 Nakajima A6M2-N Kit #61016 (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you. We have an airplane

IMG_0066.JPG

​
Waiting for the antenna to dry and then attach the canopy. When that's dry, spritz, spritz, spritz
 
Ooh. Hope that rash clears up!

Looks brutal doesn't it considering not that much is going to be chipped. Plumb forgot that the gunsight needs to be added. Its not on the clear sprue so the reflector is solid. Spent the last hour looking for a clear 4cm x 3cm clear film that came with a P.E. sheet but I put it somewhere where it wouldn't get lost......or found again. I did find a P-51 I.P. on film and if I cut between the gauges and the name (A) it gives me the exact width. The antenna had a short shot about a ⅓ of the way through (2) so I added some goop and will sand when dry

IMG_0069.JPG
 
Last edited:
Found some more thin clear film so a happy camper. This turned into the opposite of happy camper shortly after I sprays the camo on the underside. I waited for a little while and the spread a thin film of water over the areas I wanted to chip. Things were progressing when I noticed that the water had stained the paint.

IMG_0083.JPG

​
I'll take the day off, regroup and paint over the stain and use other weathering. That is all.....over
 
Looks pretty subtle in that close-up. A little weathering within and around the stain should deflect attention.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back