Tamiya 1/48 P-47 Thunderbolt of 404th Fighter/Bomber

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's few pics that might be useful. These are the P47 at Duxford, taken in August this year, mainly the landing gear and wing pylons.

Attachments

• Czech 198.jpg
    Czech 198.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Czech 199.jpg
    Czech 199.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Czech 201.jpg
    Czech 201.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Czech 203.jpg
    Czech 203.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Czech 204.jpg
    Czech 204.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Czech 213.jpg
    Czech 213.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Czech 212.jpg
    Czech 212.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Czech 209.jpg
    Czech 209.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Czech 207.jpg
    Czech 207.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Czech 205.jpg
    Czech 205.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 151
Thanks all for the encouragement. Looking forward to starting but will have to wait until next week as this week will be a busy one. Still reading up on modelling skills and subject matter, and am looking for a copy of P-47 Walk around by Squadron/Signal. Must be out of print as the ones I have found are pretty expensive.

Hi Buck,

I have that book, let me know if there is anything your looking for. I may be able to get one for you also for free so will see what I can come up with. Still havent found any good pictures though for you. Striking out.

Paul

Thanks Paul, can't beat free;) Received several P.M.'s with link to the book in PDF form as well so I will try to download it when I'm at a faster internet connection, my dialup at home (I'm cheap when it comes to that sort of stuff) will most likely take way too long.
Not really that concerned about a picture of the specific aircraft anymore, just wanted to confirm that the model in the Osprey books was accurate as I could not find a pic of it anywhere. Decals I picked up yesterday showed a small picture if it.

Thanks for that link, some great pictures there. Home computer crashed and burned last night so I am adding yet another thing to the long list of things I need to fix!!!

Yes, great profiles. They should come in handy. Just got back in town from a short hunting trip, need to get unpacked and re-situated this week. Will start building this weekend.

Fanally broke out the dust covered P-47 box this Saturday. Tried to post pics on Saturday but kept loosing internet connection as they were trying to upload. Dang MSN 9! Was a bit under the weather on Sunday so just laid around wathcing some football and looking over reference materials.
Anyway here are the "before" pics. Hopefully the "after" pictures do this model justice. Lots or orinance items to choose from here. Going to load her down with Bombs, Rockets, fuel tanks, kitchen sink, etc...
Trip to the Hobby shop is in order this week to pick up paint, glue, putty, tools, etc...

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Sprues 1.jpg
    Sprues 1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Sprues 2.jpg
    Sprues 2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 146
Here is a picture of the Aeromaster Decal set named "Aircraft of the 404th Fighter Group Vol IV" that has the "Snortin Bull" marking I plan on using.
Still trying to determine how to go about the build and finding some additional aftermarket items that I'm not sure are still made?

Attachments

• Aeromaster Decals.jpg
    Aeromaster Decals.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 151
looks a great kit Buck

Yeah, everything I've read about this kit since it came out has been great. Fit of parts, ease of building, and accuracy of detail are supposed to be top notch.
Now to figure out what colors of paint I need to pick up for the cockpit interior, wheel wells, engine compartment, etc...

No hurry, probably won't start painting for a day or two. Have to clean up my work area again as it seems to be a huge mess again. Too many projects going on at one time and everything tends to end up in the same spot of the work area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back