Tamiya 1/48 P-47 Thunderbolt of 404th Fighter/Bomber

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is the plan, going to stick the instrument decal to the panel using some MicroSol solution to get it to conform tothe raised instrument dials. Pick out the dials with a silver or cream Prismacolor pencil. Right now the second coat or MicroSol is drying, looks like it's going to settle down pretty nicely, but that decal was hard to line up!!!

Attachments

• Instrument Panel Tools.jpg
    Instrument Panel Tools.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 171
Thanks Wayne, I had thought of doing it that way, but got a bit lazy and wanted to get it done quicky so I could move on. Next time I use a decal for this I will use you're method.

Finally got some progress on the cockpit tub. Sat down at the work bench last night at 9:30 planning on working for a half an hour or so. Got up to look at a clock in the other room to find it was 11:00 P.M.!!!! Time flies. I refuse to put a clock in my work room as it detracts from my "free" time.
Anyway, got the cockpit tub mostly painted, went a bit overboard on the grunge I think and will try to clean it up a little this evening, then add a few dry brushed scrape and dings in high wear areas. Then put it all together.
Stay tuned, puctures at 11:00, P.M. that is;)
Weekend is dedicated to model building and getting some work on the Guitar that I am trying to piece together!!!

Cockpit tub is finished. Learned a lesson while painting on some grunge on the inside, a little goes a long way. Looks terrible but it's too late now and to the bare eye it's not too bad. Used a little piece of a kitchen sponge as a "dry bruch" to apply aluminum paint to simulate scratches and skuffs on the seat and rails and such.
Was hoping to glue the fuselage together tonight but realized I had forgotten to paint one of the items that goes inside. Will paint that tonight and do some work on the engine instead.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 133
Thanks for the kind words. My work is certainly not up to par with the rest of you, but It's been a learning experience so hopefully the next model is better.
Fingerprint on tub is for identification purposes in case someone steals it;) Dang liquid glue got away from me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. My work is certainly not up to par with the rest of you, but It's been a learning experience so hopefully the next model is better.
Fingerprint on tub is for identification purposes in case someone steals it;) Dang liquid glue got away from me.

At least yours is where it can't be seen. I managed to do the same thing on my Me-262 in plain sight on top of the wing.

Thank you all for the kind words. This model is practice for the next three. Have another on of this exact kit on the shelf, plus the P-47M version of the Tamiya kit, and next time I have some spare cash I plan on picking up the Razorback version. So I've got the P-47 covered I think? Oh, proabably build the Trumpeter 1/32 T-Bolt after my skills improve as well.
I like Jugs I guess;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back