Tamiya's New Spitfire Mk I N3200 of 19 Squadron

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for that Darryl. You are probably right.

No further work to report I'm afraid. Need to gloss the bottom but I thought I'd do that in conjunction with glossing my Sturmovik when I get to that point.

Decals started. Lots of stencils!

I have yet to successfully get the wing roundel decals to conform over those tight bulges on the wings. This after 2 applications of Solvaset and cutting slits.

20092201.jpg

Hello Crimea_River, very nice your job, which I'm following very carefully, to figure out how to build my Mk1 1:24 of the Airfix. And I must be very helping me and intrigued by your review I also bought this beautiful model of the Tamiya... Which I'll build later..
Great work!!! 👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Berny

Thanks guys. I just finished watching that video Berny. Very interesting though it's for a later Mark I with the engine driven undercarriage retraction system.

Still putting the final batch of decals on and masking the canopy for paint. Pics soon.

Thanks guys. Tamiya flat clear Geo but I've not been impressed. One coat doesn't cut it and the second one risks getting all chalky. Depending how you look at it, the finish can be uneven but I don't want to put another coat on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back