The Best Bf - 109 Variant ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Vivisected"..thats is a strong word.

Here a clip of a Mustang striking back , bouncing some Bf-109G6-r6

It need Divx

Attachments

• p51-109_468.avi
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
Well, that 109 isn't going anywhere. No engine, fuel leak and a whole lot of lead inside him.

I have those shots. You posted edited versions though. I have the complete combat film recorded.

They show different Bf109s; the allied pilot missed the first Bf109, the second one takes a pounding and goes down.

As I have said here, footage showing allied fighters shooting down German planes is quite common if not the rule. You know, there you have those allied documentals, mingling guncamera shots of German fighters getting shot down along with a dramatic voice of the narrator telling the audience "how easy the Luftwaffe got outclassed and defeated".

Curiously you never get to see footage of allied fighters getting shot down.
You mostly get to see a few over-repeated shots of heavy bombers getting torn apart by German interceptors over and over again.

Frankly speaking, it was not until I bought me my stuff that I first saw Mustangs, P-47s and P-38s getting chewed by German fighters.

From those shots I have learned both the USA and England have manipulated and distorted the information big time. Their fighters were by no means "infinitely" superior to the German machines.

Yes, vivisected is quite an adequate term to describe the job German pilots did with a good number of USAAF fighters.

I would not say that they were infinitely superior to Luftwaffe aircraft, however the P-51, Spitfire, P-38 and many others were just as good or even outclassed some aircraft completely. That is not to say that the Luftwaffe did not have great aircraft either.

The later Me-109's say G and above were great aircraft but they did start to lose way in maneaverability.
In November 1944, Germany produced a number of planes which were far superior to anything else produced at any other moment of the war; the majority of them being Bf-109's in there different versions. The Luftwaffe's especially dire situation was due to the chronic lack of fuel and to the inexperience of the pilots. At the time, the Me-109 was faster than ever, but it had become heavier and less manoeuverable and only the aces, and then very few of them, were able to get the most out of it.
Messerschmitt Me-109 Vol. II From 1942-1945

Orcourse naturally there were other aircraft also such as the Fw-190's. All aircraft whether the Me-109, Fw-190, Spitfire, P-51, or P-38 all had there weaknesses and there stengths. Some were better then others but either way they were all great aircraft and made a major contribution to the way we look at military aviation.

My favorite aircraft personally is the Me-109G-6 however I would not say it was the best aircraft of the war.

Der Adler:

Did you know the Spitfire as well began losing maneuverability as it evolved through its many variants?

Curiously, the British hardly ever mention the Spitfire also lost maneuverability as it got fitted with bigger and more powerful engines and sets of weapons!! They hardly mention this fact Der Adler.

So the fact the Bf109 saw its maneuverability affected to some degree throughout the evolution of its several variants is nothing to be surprised of.

The Bf109 G-6 might not be the best fighter, but one of the bests of the war.

My favorite, and one of the greatest of all fighters of the war, is the Bf109 G-10.

The Butcher bird aside from being one of the top fighters of the war, is in my feeling (along with the twin engined Me 410) the most sinister agressive looking plane of the war.

cheddar cheese said:
Ooooo this is shocking. Why dont you like the A?

Well its less than stellar climb rate and its poor turning capability doesnt give me a good impression!

But i simply love the Dora 9 !! 8)

8)

Attachments

• focke_wolf_dora_9_691.jpg
    focke_wolf_dora_9_691.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 768
Talking about firepower.... a very interesting rudder marks of Bf-109G-2 from Jg-77 in North Afrika.

The pilot is Hauptmann Waldemar Huy.

Who say the Messer can`t bombing?

g2bomber8wp.jpg

geez guys take the Fw 190 and start another thread......

I doubt with all due resepct that Huy scored any ship kills, they would need cross checking for sure with the British archiv's of ship losses. have found that Fw 200 Kondor equipped on anti-ship duties with KG 40 racked up quite a ship tally only to find that at least 1/2 of the ships attacked and proported sunk were indeed damaged and made it back to port.

E ♪

I guess that he used the SC-250 for balancing the plane.

Another rudded Killing marks. This is a Bf-109F-2 owned by Hans Phillip, showing his multinational tally.

It included aircraft shotdown in Poland, France, England, yugoslavia and Russia. Time of the picture september 1941.

f2phillipmultinacional4ly.jpg

Phillip was Kia in October 1943 with 206 confirmed kills.

A nice drawing of the pilot.

uniforme73.jpg

Looking at the ship markings on the rudder of Huy's 109, it can be seen that all but 1 (a destroyer ??) were small ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back