The Best Bf - 109 Variant ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bf-109 in action ¡¡

Guncameras of Bf-109E and F blasting some Hurricanes:

Attachments

• hurri_1_198.mpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 166
  • hurri_2_156.mpeg
    945.6 KB · Views: 149
  • hurr_3_153.mpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 144
  • hurri_4_131.mpeg
    483.5 KB · Views: 150
the lancaster kicks ass said:
to be honest i don't like the looks of any -109 but for the E..........

Why? Its only really the wing shape that differs...I think the F series look best...

Ill have to download those videos sometime or another :D Sound good

Fabulous Charles:

Somewhere around my place i have some papers about technical tests of the Bf109 G-6.

The bulges on the cowling of the G-6 indeed meant resistance to the airflow, but it was minimun, and did not play any significant effect on the overall performance of that particular variant.

Udet said:
Fabulous Charles:

Somewhere around my place i have some papers about technical tests of the Bf109 G-6.

The bulges on the cowling of the G-6 indeed meant resistance to the airflow, but it was minimun, and did not play any significant effect on the overall performance of that particular variant.

Must have had some effect on performance since Mtt fitted 'smoother' panel bulges on the G-6/AS, G-14/AS, G-10 and K-4.

Another interesting bird, this time a BF-109 G-6/U-2 used by leutenant Horst Prentzel.

It was in service with JG-301 in the visual interceptation mode know as " Wilde Sau" ( wild boar) , the nigth of june 21 1944, after heavy fighting with Lancaster, the pilot become desoriented and landing in Manston Airfield in Uk at 03.00 am

Funny thing the pilot never ejected his droptank.

18oy.jpg

It was equipedd with IFF device and R-6 kit.

34cc.jpg

Nice view of spiralnauze

24il1.jpg

CB your date is wrong concerning the landing of the G-6. Horst shot down 2 Lancasters as his only 2 kills on the night of 6 Juli 1944. He flew with 1./JG 301. Then the date of the defection I should say the mistake is >>>> ?

E ~

Here the Galland`s F-2U

Adolf was always unhappy with the armament of the Messers, when he received the F version with his reduced battery of tree guns, he really pissed off and decides to take the matters in his own hands.

The picture shows in display the 2 Gallands specials. One was a F-2 wich discarded the 8 mm MG-17 and replaced it with the very-very new a these time 13mm RB MG-131 witha 250 round belt, making it the only F series in carry that gun.

The other retains the tree MG emplacement, but added a pair of Ikaria MG-FF, 20mm, 60 round drum, ripped from an Emil.

09edited5lj.jpg

Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-2/U, piloted by famous commander of JG 26 "Schlageter", Colonel Adolf Galland. St. Omer airfield, France, spring 1941. A tail of this aircraft is visible in the first photo above.

Note the small bulges covering the 13mm, wich are not G-6 like ugly tumors .

galland3.jpg

Another shot of December 1, 1941 showing a very sugestive number in the F-2 tail, for deligth of H.G.

galland1.jpg

Anothers destructive BF-109 pilots.

Graf 205th Bf-109G-6

Realrudder.gif

Litjens 22th Bf-109F-4

litjens2.jpg

Sigfried Schnell 56th Bf-109F-3 JG-2

schnell4nv.jpg

Otto Tange 50th, JG-51 BF-109F-2

tange50jg518xy.jpg

Franz Josef Berenbrock 103th Bf-109F-4

franz0zy.jpg

Heinz Klöpper 62th, Jg-77, BF-109F-2

klopper8fi.jpg

Werner Molders JG-51, BF-109F-2...too many.

molders5bp.jpg

Some great photos posted there guys. The problem with the F was its lack of fire power but for all intensive purposes it was the best version when it comes to all aspects. The G was just as powerful or not more then the K as Erich said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back