KraziKanuK said:
Those numbers (Me262) are for fully finished a/c delivered from the factories.
I don't know where you got the 300 number from but almost 800 were with JV 44, JG 7, KG51 and KG(J)54.
That only about 300 Me262's of all flavors saw combat operations in WWII is a well established number. Something around 2300 werknumbers were allocated, most of which involved an airframe being at least partially constructed. About 1500 airframes were completed, to varying degrees, many missing critical components which were to be delivered in the field (such as engines). Of these 1500, I don't know exactly how many ever saw engines, but a large number of those that did suffered engine failures prior to or upon their first flight.
If you go through the werknumber database I gave the link for, you can see the details on all 262's which were actually delivered, and its fate. Unfortunately, it does not always indicate if the plane flew combat or not. But, it is apparent that the units were normally delivered to the JG's and they conducted the first flight - many of them indicate loss due to engine failure on test flight.
=S=
Lunatic