The creepy crawly thread..... (2 Viewers)

Cool Gary, I think it's a toad though isn't it?:cool: :cool:
 
Yup, that's a toad, note the warty thick skin. those warts are the poison glands that will make anything that eats them think twice about eating another. If you want to be a hippie you can squeeze the warts and lick the exudate. the neurotoxin is similiar to the fugu fish though considerably milder termed a bufotoxin. the strongest is the colorado river toad Bufo alvarinis
 
Yup
 

Attachments

  • 1.1268139828.lick-a-cane-toad325x433.jpg
    1.1268139828.lick-a-cane-toad325x433.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 91
  • toad-suck-arkansas.jpg
    toad-suck-arkansas.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 93
Thor, everyone has to have a hobby, from Lucky's thread: some of you shoot guns, some build models kits, Lucky kills brain cells, I just lick the occasional toad
 
I just lick the occasional toad


Oooooooooooh...is THAT what the kids are calling it today? :evil4:
 
Had this rascal roaming around at the shop today...

Gotta love those Wolf Spiders, they not only do they look like they mean business...they act like it too!
 

Attachments

  • IMGP21543-cr[720x479].jpg
    IMGP21543-cr[720x479].jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 112
Mate, thats an excellent shot !!
 
When you say big....how big?
 
ABW, that's about the size but closer to 2.5 inches not including the red striped antenna. Seemed harmless and was moving pretty slow. Lots of Praying Mantis but by the time I get a camera they're gone
 
With the way they move it seems that they are suited to trees. I have seen them there and they will make a hissing noise it you disturb them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back