The creepy crawly thread.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Don't worry, Mike, you're safe. Tarantula's don't go for junk food. :evil4: Cool spiders, though, they help keep the pest population down!

Cool spider pic, Mike...but you're not alone in the big spider department!

Early last month, we heard a scream come from the shipping area at work, when we ran over to see what was wrong, the gal in there was speechlessly pointing at the packing peanut bin...so we peered inside and there was probably one of the biggest Wolf Spiders I have ever seen!

About the size of a smaller Tarantula, this female spanned well over 4" (definately more if she extended her legs all the way) and was amazingly docile for her species.

I carefully scooped her up and put her out by the Oleandar bushes (and scored some photos, too) so she could keep on doing what she does best. The women wanted me to kill it, but I wouldn't do it...ya' gotta respect something that's survived against the odds to make it to the top of it's class!

Attachments

• 100_0125[720x540].jpg
    100_0125[720x540].jpg
    131 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_0123[720x540].jpg
    100_0123[720x540].jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 71
Don't get me wrong, i'm not an arachnophobic person, and I'm on the side of any critter that kills insects. So A tarantula is pretty cool but a herd of them moving through the grass towards my pink little footsies was un-nerving to say the least. Scorpions, tarantulas, copperheads, cottonmouths, wonder what's next?

Dang, I'm gonna have to try out the cellphone camera next time I'm under a computer desk fiddlin with wires, and notice something with multiple eyes staring at me...

Mike...the next inevitable invasion: Rednecks.

RA, too late, they're already here. I'm in unincorporated Lakeview which means NO zoning whatsoever. My next door neighbor's place looks like a construction storage area and the house looks like it's being demolished

LOL They've got an actual house? You must be in an affluent neighborhood. Usually it'll be a rusting out double-wide (or worse yet, one of those aluminum trailers that were popular in the 50's), several junk cars on blocks, the obligatory refrigerator, two or three coon dogs on the front porch (and sounds of at least twice that many coming from under the porch....and the trailer...), $50,000 satellite dish in the front yard (cuz...you know...we NEED to pick up TV stations from Istanbul. And the Crab Nebula.). And, at a minimum, two bug zappers. Cuz we're in a cee-vul-ahz'd nation, ya know.

Bob was back today! He's moved from our front planter area to the tree across the driveway...apparently our front porch gets really hot when its 100+ outside. And its harder for me to annoy him with my camera when he's goin all ninja-stealth on the tree bark. Unfortunately for him, his toenails still make a bit of noise as he sneaks around...

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

...and Louie, who guards the back door:
IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back