The fastest police cars (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL
Bravado and bragging rights if you ask me:

There is fierce competition for the world's fastest police car with the Italians and Germans vying for the title. Up until now the police prix d'or has been held by a Lamborghini Gallardo which an Italian police patrol is using on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria highway. It is capable of hitting a top speed of 192mph, which is probably ample to keep up with the most reckless of motorists

The world's fastest police cars

Attachments

• wfwf3i.jpg
    wfwf3i.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 5,155
That's hilarious.

But I gotta love the Dodge Charger/Challenger that I see around here. Perhaps not the most fast, but certainly gets a "cool" :cool: factor.

Attachments

• MSP.jpg
    MSP.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 77,865
  • dodge-charger-police-car.jpg
    dodge-charger-police-car.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 11,029
Muller: :lol:
Matt: yeah, I agree. Those big rims make it look mean

None of todays Police cars look as bad *ss as they did in the 50's and 60's me think....8)

Attachments

• ch114.jpg
    ch114.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 4,783
  • ch195.jpg
    ch195.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 12,438
The buzz of a V10 or V12 are nice but nothing compared to 7 litre V8 at full throttle.... That's the sound that could start a volcanic eruption!

Hi Lucky,

>None of todays Police cars look as bad *ss as they did in the 50's and 60's me think....8)

I conclude: the space-time continuum is not homogeneous ...

Der VW-Käfer des PMC-Marburg

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Attachments

• oldi_isetta.jpg
    oldi_isetta.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 9,058
I don't think the Hemi made it into too many police cars, the price alone would put it out of most budgets I would think. It may have made its way into a few, especially the first generation motor. Also the Hemi was notoriously hard to keep in tune on a street/strip car, so I am sure the daily mileage and wear and tear in a police car would have made it a mechanics nightmare! The 440 was almost as strong of a motor, and a much more reliable package for everyday use.

My dad's police station has Dodge Chargers and Crown Vic's the Crown Vic's are more traditional though. My dad also said he prefers the Crown Vic because it has a lot more room. That is a car and one of the officers who work in my dad's department

Attachments

• Mill burn.jpg
    Mill burn.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,842

Users who are viewing this thread

Back