The Food Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_20240122_164117.jpg

There is a hot dog place in Berkeley CA near the UC campus, Top Dog.
Been there since the late 60's. I used to stop there regular when I lived in Berzerkley!
My son still does. I always had two, a Hot (Louisiana Hot Sausage) and a Bock (Bock-wurst).
The hot first, the the Bock to cool my mouth. Lordy they are good!!!!!!
In OZ, nada!

Over on another thread, someone mentioned an internet meme "flaming strawberry Pop-Tarts". That actually sounds pretty good. I was thinking about how to make it.
As a thought experiment, rochie rochie , would you toast it first and then use cognac or brandy (Grand Mariner?) or skip the toaster and drench the delicate industrial pastry then light it up?
I want the table festive when the family gathers round for Groundhog Day celebrations.

Over on another thread, someone mentioned an internet meme "flaming strawberry Pop-Tarts". That actually sounds pretty good. I was thinking about how to make it.
As a thought experiment, rochie rochie , would you toast it first and then use cognac or brandy (Grand Mariner?) or skip the toaster and drench the delicate industrial pastry then light it up?
I want the table festive when the family gathers round for Groundhog Day celebrations.
toasted first, i say !

Flaming Strawberry Pop tarts are a real thing.
Here is one such article that covers the phenomenon:

You're welcome...

Flaming Strawberry Pop tarts are a real thing.
Here is one such article that covers the phenomenon:

You're welcome...
Dave.

if i click on this link, will i become as annoyed as Gordon Ramsey ?

For the love of God, man, do NOT burn your place down.

No place on earth will be safe from the wife's wrath.

(even flaming Poptarts offer no protection from that...)
might be safer to send the link to my Nephew who eats prodigious amounts of said foodstuff and then egg him on to do it from a distance ?

Who has a slow cooker and what can one do with it?
Just got one as a gift. I like to cook, aint bad at cooking, but what did you do with it?

Who has a slow cooker and what can one do with it?
Just got one as a gift. I like to cook, aint bad at cooking, but what did you do with it?
mostly casserole type stuff works the best, if it has a removable liner that is also oven proof like the one i used to have its great for doing casseroles then adding suet dumplings on top and baking in the over so they are crispy on top but nice and soft underneath ! :yum:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back