The Greatest Fighter Jet of All Time.

Which is the Best?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lesofprimus said:
Dude, are u REALLY that ignorant that u think no one has ever done that before????

What a freakin newb....

you mean something like this?
_12_14_2004-spam.JPG
_12_14_2004-spam.JPG
_12_14_2004-spam.JPG

dude, that really is pathetic, you're not impressing anyone, me and CC have been spamming on these boards for nearly 2 years now, we used to spend hours on the site spamming, then we got broadband and it got worse, we're anything but part time, and you've just proved yourself as being the lowest of the low, you're the spam that me and CC had too high standards to post...........

I still say the F4 is the best jet aircraft designed, built and used between 1955 and 1975.

The combat record of it in Vietnam and the Arab/Israeli wars proves it is the best.

But the "Thud" was not a dogfighter.

A great plane for the early part of the Vietnam war, but was outclassed by the F4.

For the 50's I go with the Sabre and then the F-4. As an interceptor I go with the Lightning for the 50's. Yes Plan_D I said the Lightening. The Tomcat was not built in the 50's.

102first_hussars said:
syscom3 said:
But the "Thud" was not a dogfighter.

True but it has accounted for a few Migs In Vietnam though.

25 Mig kills to be exact. The NVAF would try to ambush Thuds before they dropped their load, sometimes they overshot and that's when the Thud would nail them. The NVAF would use Mig-21s to chase them into a trap where Mig-17s would wait for them, usually coming in at the 4 or 8 o'clock position.

No sweat - Max Brestel shot down 2 on March 10, 1967 as did David Waldrop Aug 23, 1967. Both were flying "D" models and both hosed them with cannon fire.

My point about the F105 was it wasnt a maneuvering type of fighter. The F4 had a better power to weight ratio and generally did better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back