The Greatest Fighter Jet of All Time.

Which is the Best?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

what? how the hell does 1.5 to 6 come out as 1 to 6 :rolleyes:

if you're sharp you'll notice 1.5 is 1/4 of 6 anyway, if not

1.5 to 6

x2

3 to 12

divide by 3

1 to 4

and that's all for today's lesson!

the lancaster kicks *** said:
what? how the hell does 1.5 to 6 come out as 1 to 6 :rolleyes:

if you're sharp you'll notice 1.5 is 1/4 of 6 anyway, if not

1.5 to 6

x2

3 to 12

divide by 3

1 to 4

and that's all for today's lesson!
Whatever:rolleyes:

Bottom line it got it's *** kicked

The Mig-29 over all I think would be a better aircraft than the F-15 if it had the type of avionics and radar and instruments as the western fighters had. You put the avionix package from the F-15 into the Mig-29 and I think you have a better fighter.

In the end though the Mig-29 compared to the F-15 is stupid. The Mig-29 was designed to counter the F-16 and is more suited to. Both are light small fighters.

The Su-27 was designed to counter the F-15, and the Su-27 is a damn good fighter! I love watching that thing fly at airshows!

Yeah that SU-27 dropped some jaws, I read this book called Stingers, it was a book about the F-18 the designing stages and in the end the customers, the book interveiwed this Canadian test pilot, I cant remember the exact details, but he said that he loved the plane and its handling but when there was a international air demonstration get together in Germany I beleive, he saw the SU-27 in action he basically was awe inspired by its performance, he described his meeting with the Soviet pilot like a schoolgirl meeting John Lennon for the first time, when he talked to the guy the pilot basically said " yeah its a great plane but its old" I mean to think we had a brand new plane that was revolutionary in its own way could be easily taken out by an old design.

Mirage IIIE

F4 should get a run.

I'd like to see some of the US Jets stripped from their EWAC support and see how they'd compete.

Plus Pilot training adds so much to the equation.

the Russian pilots don't get payed often, nor are they respected, nor do they have good flight training these days

"Well a canadian pilot flying a Hawker Hurricane once shot down an Me-262, so anything is possible"

When did this happen?

JeffK said:
Mirage IIIE

F4 should get a run.

I'd like to see some of the US Jets stripped from their EWAC support and see how they'd compete.
For your information, that is done during training scenarios at major exercises like Red Flag. Fortunately (and unfortunately for the enemy) that has never happened, but if it did happen be rest assured US fighter pilots would know what to do in a heart beat.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
I did a search for that and could find nothing of it, and find it hard to believe as well.

It was something I read out of one of my old history books that i ripped off of school a while back, Ill see if I can find it, I seem to remember it saying something about a Hurricane, but by that time the RCAF had traded them in for Typhoons so it had to be a Spitfire, but Ill see what i can dig out of that cluster f^ck of a basement I have.

So, you said a Hurricane shot down a Me-262. Now you change your mind and say Spitfire, which is probably true. That or a Typhoon ... why did you even bother mentioning the Hurricane, you ***. By the time the Me-262 was in service, the Hurricane was out of FRONT LINE service. Dip ****.

Well, I still gotta go with the "world heavyweight boxing champ" concept. You can't just out box them but you have to be demonstratable better to unthrone the champ. The F-15 has fought in many wars and ko'ed many a pretender without ever being bloodied. As a weapons system, I do not think that it has met a threat or friend that has shown to be demonstratably better when the missiles are flying. And that is the true test of a fighter. Its era is starting to pass, however. The next generation of fighters will have big boots to fill.

Ok. I realise i'm new here. Btw, it's a pretty good forum.

F-15. Specifically, F-15E. Best fighter track record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back