The Group Build Participants Icon Thread....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really love the models you guys build, and I also really love your icons at the bottom of the page, however....

Some of you guys have a ton of them. :lol:

At some point we might have to consider limiting the number, or changing the system. The reason being, at some point 1 page of a thread will be taken up by one members post because the whole page will be taken up with icons.

It is the same reason we had to limit the size of the siggy that members where making.

Something to start thinking about.
Since this new layout is so feature-packed, perhaps there's a way to create a GB participation button that can be clicked to open a display window (sort of like when you mouse-over the Alerts icon)?

To whoever makes those icons... thank you! They are so cool. I don't have many of em but I'm proud to see them under my siggy! THANKS!

I don't like the click and expand.

Get rid of it. Whatever you have below your post shoukd remain visible (siggy or GB icons, or both), but the size should be limited.
I was referring to something along the lines of a GB participation count much like the "Trophy" points seen on the left, below the member's avatar.

Just as you can click the "Trophy Points" value, resulting in a popup window that shows a list of "points", then perhaps below the trophy, have the "Group Builds" with a clickable value that will open a window (like trophy points does) and show the GB icons.

This will allow a member to show off one or fifty GB icons without a massive sig and it is a forum acheivement, so would be right at home in the member info bar.

So for example:

Wayne Little

Group Builds: 27 <------- Something like this

I think Horse is working for something like this.

icon3.jpg

I think Horse is working for something like this.
I saw that and I thought it was really cool, but as the forum is nearing 30 Group Builds, that'll be a ton of icons even for the sidebar.

If you click the number value to the right of the Trophy Points, you'll see it opens a pop-up window that itemizes the Trophy Accomplishments without being redirected from the visitor's current location.

I was referring to something along the lines of a GB participation count much like the "Trophy" points seen on the left, below the member's avatar.

Just as you can click the "Trophy Points" value, resulting in a popup window that shows a list of "points", then perhaps below the trophy, have the "Group Builds" with a clickable value that will open a window (like trophy points does) and show the GB icons.

This will allow a member to show off one or fifty GB icons without a massive sig and it is a forum acheivement, so would be right at home in the member info bar.

So for example:

Wayne Little

Group Builds: 27 <------- Something like this

Interesting idea.

Ok, I figured I'd do a visual to help round out my idea.

I hope JKim doesn't mind being the Guinea Pig for this example! :lol:

Anyway, in the member's information, would be a clickable Group Build tally (showing number of Group Builds participated), like shown here (find it below the Trophy Points):
JKim_GB_example_menu.jpg

Clicking the participation number (just like clicking the Trophy Points number) which in this example, is 4, will open a popup window (just like the Trophy Points or Herr Wurger's experimental icon), like so:
JKim_GB_popup.jpg

I hope this sort of shows everyone where I was going with my suggestion!

It's a great idea, I just don't know how easy it will be to implement, especially with pop up blockers potentially getting in the way of it.

And yes, I realize I'm almost a month late. :lol:
Better late than never, eh Cory? :lol:

As far as popup blockers go, you'll notice that popups appear when you go to post or edit a post as well as a small popup that shows member quick info.

The info panel I used as a suggestion for the GB info was actually taken from the "Trophy Points" popup that's linked below the Member's Message tally, Likes Received Tally, etc.

If you can see those, you would (in theory) be able to see the GB info panel :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back