The Group Build Participants Icon Thread....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Really appreciate your efforts Chris. The Doras one looks great.

One comment though. I think I saw you had an A-10 Warthog for the jets/recon/transport. Doesn't really suit any of them because the jets are supposed to be 1944/45

Last edited:
One other thing: I would hold off on any more "unofficial GBs and icons for 2 reasons. 1) It might degrade the proper GBs if we have others going on and nobody participates and 2) I really have no sanction from the other Mods or judges to do this. I saw the Dora build and thought it would be cool to have an icon. I did not know that there may have been other un-official GBs. My bad. Will not happen again. So before this gets out of hand, there will be no more from me util the Gods have spoken to me. :)

My intention is not to make light of this build by members of the forum, but I have agree with, in the fact it's a single individual started build that differs from the agreed upon forum GB list. Having started my own Brewster build for an Unofficial Group Build, I'm not expecting an Icon for my UGB "After the Battle". I didn't start my Brewster for another icon, it was, I think, started as a fun build with no time limit. It's still under construction, sad to say. Can we rethink this, if we have one, how can we deny another, like my After the Battle UGB, even tho I am apparently the only participant?

Just sayin,
Bill

I agree also. Nothing wrong with them, but they could also take up needed space for future official GB icons. Perhaps incorporate them within the individual participant's 'siggy'?

My intention is not to make light of this build by members of the forum, but I have agree with, in the fact it's a single individual started build that differs from the agreed upon forum GB list. Having started my own Brewster build for an Unofficial Group Build, I'm not expecting an Icon for my UGB "After the Battle". I didn't start my Brewster for another icon, it was, I think, started as a fun build with no time limit. It's still under construction, sad to say. Can we rethink this, if we have one, how can we deny another, like my After the Battle UGB, even tho I am apparently the only participant?

Just sayin,
Bill

Exactly the reason why I had to step back a second and rethink this.

My apologies to all for fouling things up a bit. I saw the "Doras" build and it seemed there were a few involved so I made that as fun. Didn't realize until later.

Will not happen again.

One comment though. I think I saw you had an A-10 Warthog for the jets/recon/transport. Doesn't really suit any of them because the jets are supposed to be 1944/45

Was not aware of that. When it said "Jets" I just assumed. But all is not lost! I also had one with an L-Bird that we can use instead.

Tend to agree that the UBG icons should not be included as they are really just 'Start to Finish Builds' done as a collective group.

As for the 30+ icons Jan, maybe we cross that bridge when so many become a problem.

I am in agreement with the others about the Unofficial GB Icons. I also think Chis has done a hellova job with the GB Icons. He even listened to me about having a seaplane in there somewhere.

FWIW, Chris, I'm still missing some GB Icons. I participated in GB's 13 thru 17, also.

My thanks, again, for doing a fine job. I will suggest, to the Admin, that you get a raise.

Charles

I dunno. I think Rochie has hit on a solution. When its done like he has it, it doesn't take up so much room.

Charles and Fubar, I will work on those additions tomorrow if thats ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back