The Group Build Participants Icon Thread....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No it hasn't been locked when posting there recently.

Whatever the reason I'm glad it's not locked anymore. I just wanted to post a comment regarding the newest GB icon. I really like the design with overlapping profiles, looks good if large enough and appropriate for GB theme, but if reduced to the icon size it's cluttered, fuzzy and unclear what is what. Maybe if the profiles are moved slightly more apart so they don't overlap each other the icon would be clearer? What if the profiles are positioned to face each other? Or maybe a single aircraft could be used for this icon, something that didn't appear as GB icon yet (considering that both Bf 109 and Fw 190 were used once already). Just trowing in some suggestions here. Hope you don't mind Wojtek.

Of course I don't Igor. It has been posted here for getting a such opinions. The problem is the the room at the picture isn't too huge. So moving of these profiles is quite limited. Also the main problem are colours of LW planes. You know the Grey/Grey and onece again Grey..... When a picture is of large size all is fine but when resized to an icon all looks worse. Of course I could resize these profiles more down but the final effect was more worse.
Therefore any ideas are welcome and appreciated.

One way to make them have a beter contrast would to be to have the 109 in summer green instead of both being gray, just my 2 cents.

Good contrast of overlapping profiles could also be achieved if you use Bf 109 in desert camo and Fw 190 in non standard eastern front dark green camo...

If we were to divert from the usual aircraft profile theme, the Messerschmitt and Focke-Wulf company logos would look good side by side...
Like Wojtek's double profile idea though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back