The Guns We Own (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You know, I sat there and thought about those pictures for a minute and realized the dumbass is just sitting there.

If *we* shoot ourselves in the foot, wouldn't it make sense to go to the freakin' ER instead of sitting there and having a photo shoot of our bone and mung that was once called a toe?

Wait...what am I thinking? I suppose if you're lacking the nessecary brains cells that normally prevents one from shooting one's own foot, then I guess it's natural to sit there and show off the stupid hole while the salvagable tissues atrophy...

The safest gun:
super_soaker_50_waterpistool.jpg

Accidental discharge one must assume. Living proof that you cannot check the chamber too much and always point the gun towards something you are willing to destroy. Even when it is "unloaded".

This is exactly why some folks hate automatics that you must pull the trigger to disassemble and clean.

While I dely love my Wilson 1911-A1 the pics demonstrate why I carry Sig 229 .40 for concealed carry. The decocker removes all anxiety over 'safing' the hammer. Ditto my 229 and 239.

Last edited:
For concealed carry, I don't chamber a round unless I believe something is happening. To me, the shoot decision would take longer than chambering a round. A M1911 is a bit large IMHO for concealed carry at least for me.

- Ivan.

Excellent, Bucksnort. I agree with you 100% and wish more people saw this as clearly. Many do not seem to understand that illegalizing a weapon only increases its blackmarket value, leaving weapons in the hands of criminals and not innocents trying to defend themseves. I firmly support gun ownership rights and the right to defend oneself.

I picked up two revolvers while in the US Air force ('68 - '74), a S&W Model 19 .357 magnum with target sights and Alvarez custom grips, and a woefully inaccurate Charter Arms snub-nosed .38.

Incidentally, I was in Junior NRA in Morgan Park Military Academy in 4th and 5th grade, and at Basic Training missed expert ribbon by one bullet (58 out of 60, you were allowed to miss one in basic but not two); years later for Security Police Augmentee for Riot Control I had to go to Springfield Illinois and qualify with a Carbine instead of the M-16 and I got 59 out of 60 then - thought I was going to get the expert ribbon - but they let me in on the secret: after basic you can't miss any. (Chuckle.)

Excellent, Bucksnort. I agree with you 100% and wish more people saw this as clearly. Many do not seem to understand that illegalizing a weapon only increases its blackmarket value, leaving weapons in the hands of criminals and not innocents trying to defend themseves. I firmly support gun ownership rights and the right to defend oneself.
I agree with this post 100%.:thumbright:

I have one question though, how come the US is the country with by far the most gunshot related deaths and accidents in the world?

In Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, Holland, Norway and virtually every other European country you hardly ever hear of anyone getting shot, and when someone does it's all over the news because it so seldom happens. Effective gun control is the reason.

Now seeing that the average European doesn't own any firearm then why is it that the Americans want it so much ? Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on confiscating all weapons from the streets, and then when that has been done to a reasonable degree you can start making the gun laws more strict for the ordinary citizen. Less guns out on the street means less unnecessary deaths and lethal accidents. A gun just makes it too easy to hurt another person and get away with it.

Guns should be kept on the range and not out on the streets or in the home (I admit I have guns in my home myself). It's ok that people own guns IMO, be it even an assault rifle, I don't care, but they should be on the range only. There should be gun clubs which store your guns for you, then you can come and use them on the range when you feel like it. But they can't leave the range. The only firearm you may have in your home would be your hunting rifle or shotgun, no pistols, machine guns or assault rifles. It would be much much better this way.

this is my Springfield Champion

Attachments

• 100_1251.JPG
    100_1251.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 147
Soren, gun control is all part of people control. We have laws against criminals having guns but obviously criminals do not abide by the law. Having my best arms locked up at a club defeats much of the purpose of even having them and makes them easier for an illegal regime to confiscate them. My arms are not for recreation but for protecting my family, fellow citizens, our property, to make meat, and last but not certainly least to oppose anyone who would threaten our civil rights as free men.

I have one question though, how come the US is the country with by far the most gunshot related deaths and accidents in the world?

In Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France, Holland, Norway and virtually every other European country you hardly ever hear of anyone getting shot, and when someone does it's all over the news because it so seldom happens. Effective gun control is the reason.

Now seeing that the average European doesn't own any firearm then why is it that the Americans want it so much ? Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on confiscating all weapons from the streets, and then when that has been done to a reasonable degree you can start making the gun laws more strict for the ordinary citizen. Less guns out on the street means less unnecessary deaths and lethal accidents. A gun just makes it too easy to hurt another person and get away with it.

Guns should be kept on the range and not out on the streets or in the home (I admit I have guns in my home myself). It's ok that people own guns IMO, be it even an assault rifle, I don't care, but they should be on the range only. There should be gun clubs which store your guns for you, then you can come and use them on the range when you feel like it. But they can't leave the range. The only firearm you may have in your home would be your hunting rifle or shotgun, no pistols, machine guns or assault rifles. It would be much much better this way.
What is to stop the criminals from breaking into the gun clubs and getting the guns anyway? and once the criminals get the guns, how do we protect ourselves?

Last edited:
L I B E R T Y

Don't worry under our present regime we will be under better goverment control soon enough.

Soren, gun control is all part of people control. We have laws against criminals having guns but obviously criminals do not abide by the law. Having my best arms locked up at a club defeats much of the purpose of even having them and makes them easier for an illegal regime to confiscate them. My arms are not for recreation but for protecting my family, fellow citizens, our property, to make meat, and last but not certainly least to oppose anyone who would threaten our civil rights as free men.

Illegal regime ? Why is it that the Americans are so afraid of their own government ?

If governments were so evil then how come things are they way they are in europe. Why is it we don't run around shooting each other in Europe ? Are we generally just smarter than the Americans ? No I don't think so. Gun control is the answer.

I understand your reasons for having a gun Amsel, if I lived in the states I'd also be sure to have one myself. Why ? Because everyone else has! And that's the problem. The guns need to be removed from the streets alltogether. And it isn't impossible, it's being enforced in Europe right now. But it's going to prove a huge task for the US at this point because of all the guns in circulation on the street at this point, but if you don't try then it's never gonna get any better.

Let me ask you this Amsel, which world do you like best: The one were you absolutely NEED a gun to keep your family safe? Or the one where you don't NEED a gun to keep your family safe?

I know which one I'd choose.

The US government ought to strive at removing all guns from the streets, even if it means by using extreme methods to do so. Cause only when the guns are largely gone will the situation get any better. And then when it has been achieved, maybe in a period of 5 years or more, then you could restrict all access to firearms to gun clubs.

Illegal regime ? Why is it that the Americans are so afraid of their own government ?

If governments were so evil then how come things are they way they are in europe. Why is it we don't run around shooting each other in Europe ? Are we generally just smarter than the Americans ? No I don't think so. Gun control is the answer.

I understand your reasons for having a gun Amsel, if I lived in the states I'd also be sure to have one myself. Why ? Because everyone else has! And that's the problem. The guns need to be removed from the streets alltogether. And it isn't impossible, it's being enforced in Europe right now. But it's going to prove a huge task for the US at this point because of all the guns in circulation on the street at this point, but if you don't try then it's never gonna get any better.

Let me ask you this Amsel, which world do you like best: The one were you absolutely NEED a gun to keep your family safe? Or the one where you don't NEED a gun to keep your family safe?

I know which one I'd choose.

The US government ought to strive at removing all guns from the streets, even if it means by using extreme methods to do so. Cause only when the guns are largely gone will the situation get any better. And then when it has been achieved, maybe in a period of 5 years or more, then you could restrict all access to firearms to gun clubs.
They do run around shooting people in Europe...The other world you speak of, is a fantasy world.

They do run around shooting people in Europe...The other world you speak of, is a fantasy world.

Nope sorry but we dont, and I know cause I live there ;)

Roughly 30,000 Americans loose their life to gunshot wounds every year, and the wounded figure is even higher. Now guess how high the figure is for the entire European continent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back