The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mkloby.... do my eyes deceive me or do I see hollow points in the mag ?

You don't mess around, you ?

Charles

I keep "shock rounds" in mine. These are hollow points, but have a needle
like projection in the middle. I'm told a hit with a .25 will take a man down.
He might get back up, but if he does, there always a 2nd round !

Charles

Ah lets see I have a SIG p220 supermatch SAO,SIG p226 .40 Elite, Springfield TRP Operator, Kimber TLE, Springfield .40 XD Tactical, S&W 686 custom, S&W 617, Beretta ss 92 compact, Taurus .45 compact, Taurus .38 snubbie,Keltec p32. Think thats it with the pistols. Have a Belgium Browning Lightning o/u, Beretta Silver pidgeon o/u, Benelli ultra lite 20 gauge. Rifles I kave a Kimber Montana .270wsm, Montana Rifle company .300wsm, Remington ss laminate stock in a .300 win mag and a Remington 700 bdl in a .308. and a CZ 527 Kevlar stocked .223...Probably have something else laying around somewhere also..:D

No...its near to impossible for the common folk to own a gun....either you are very rich or very rich and connected and the laws are just plain stupid...for example if you kill someone in self defense you are still going to jail.Or if you are in your house and a thief attacks you with a..lets say a knife you are only allowed to attack him with a similar weapon...:|...what can I say...my country is run by idiots...greedy idiots...:rolleyes:

Well. Lets just say the safes are full. Highlights are M1D Garand (with papers I might add :) ), pristine Lee Enfield Mk III, some ARs, my personal fav M1A, Russian SKS, Bulgarian AK, 1911A1, CZ-75B, Glocks, Colt Mustang .380, S&W 686+ .357 6in, Browning Hi Power, and many others.

I too own an AMT 380. How about that hammer bite when you choke up too much. And have you ever field stripped it? Didn't think so. :lol:

Matt308: If you're referring to my AMT .380, as a matter of fact I have
field stripped it. It's been awhile, but I seem to remember having a heck
of a time getting the slide back on..... memory is not good but I seem to
remember "a trick" to it. Comments ?

Charles

Very interesting thread . . . the main thing I'm coming away with is that the civilian population of the USA is armed to the teeth, and the civilian population of the rest of the world isn't. Makes you wonder why more of us don't kill each other . . .

That being said, I don't personally own any guns (yet), but I would love to have an M1911A1, maybe a Baer or a Kimber, preferably in stainless. That's all I need . . . well, maybe that and an M4. But that's it, really . . .

Matt308: If you're referring to my AMT .380, as a matter of fact I have
field stripped it. It's been awhile, but I seem to remember having a heck
of a time getting the slide back on..... memory is not good but I seem to
remember "a trick" to it. Comments ?

Charles

Yeah. Buy a can of Gun Scrubber. That way you can squirt your residue out. Just remember to oil judiciously on the wear points. That beast is not worTH taking apart. What about the bite from the slide. Ever done that? If so, you've never forgotten. My only complaint on the AMT is that it needs more of a beavertail in the palm grip to prevent that slide taking a chunk of hand with it.

No...its near to impossible for the common folk to own a gun....either you are very rich or very rich and connected and the laws are just plain stupid...for example if you kill someone in self defense you are still going to jail.Or if you are in your house and a thief attacks you with a..lets say a knife you are only allowed to attack him with a similar weapon...:|...what can I say...my country is run by idiots...greedy idiots...:rolleyes:

That sucks.

Same way over here in the State of Mass. I think it's the only state where you have to retreat from your house if attacked. All the other ones, you can defend yourself. Just don't,

A. Shoot them in the back (running away is not a threat)
B. Shoot them outside your house.

I am not sure but I thought if you had the means to stop somebody else from being killed and you did not do it, you were guilty of something or other. Can't remember the details (law class was 20 years ago).

What about the bite from the slide. Ever done that? If so, you've never forgotten. My only complaint on the AMT is that it needs more of a beavertail in the palm grip to prevent that slide taking a chunk of hand with it.

Matt: I have a very small hand.... the .380 fits it rather nicely. Also,
if you look at the pic I put up, you'll see the rubber grip that kinda
extends the grip downward. I've never been bit by the slide. Another
feature is it's small enough for me to carry in a shoulder holster. If
I try to carry my 9mm in a shoulder holster, it would stick out like a
sore thumb, and they'd arrest me for shoplifting.

As I showed in one of the other threads... I do have a concealed
weapons permit. In Virginia, if the law stops me while driving, I'm
obliged to give him my concealed permit with my driver's licence.
It's in the DMV files that I have a permit.

Charles

Personally, I don't own any guns, being 16. But my grandfather, who was a policeman (now retired) confinscated during a drug raid an MP 40, and somehow managed to keep it. My dad is hoping that he'll be able to transfer the ownership over to us eventually, but we're not sure as owning a fully-automatic weapon is illegal here.

As I showed in one of the other threads... I do have a concealed
weapons permit. In Virginia, if the law stops me while driving, I'm
obliged to give him my concealed permit with my driver's licence.
It's in the DMV files that I have a permit.

Charles

Now that is a conundrum. With your license popping up "guns, guns, guns" you don't have much choice. However, I would never volunteer that I was carrying unless asked. None of their business and likely only to garner you an hour extended stay for obeying the law.

Guns owned: 0
Number of people nearby with guns: 0
Likely number of times being held up at gunpoint: 0
Number of policemen killed in this area in 30 years: 1
Chances of getting robbed: .001%
Reasons to buy a gun: 0

Matt: I've only been stopped once by the law. Seems there was a hit and
run by someone in a "small, light colored truck". I drive a tan Mazda....
I was carrying at the time, so I gave the cop my permit with my licence.
His only question was "where is it ?" He didn't want to see it, and after
looking my truck over for damage, allowed me to leave.

Where I carry, depends on how I'm dressed. If I'm in a tux it's under my
arm, if I'm in a zippered jacket, it's on my side.

The law is strange, here, about what establishments I can carry into.
I can carry into a bank, or an ABC store, but not a restaurant that serves
alcohol. Bar's are out, too..... but in Va. a bar must serve food, so that
makes it a restaurant.

Charles

9mm cyc

Attachments

• 9mmpalmb c.jpg
    9mmpalmb c.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 328
a special little 7.62mm and fires better and more accurate than my P-38 above. From WW 1, an aviators pistol that saw action in WW 2 with a LW pilot an also with matching holster.

E ~ SoD yes it is, late war with reddish grips

Attachments

• 32 cal - a c.jpg
    32 cal - a c.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 311

Users who are viewing this thread

Back