The Guns We Own (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

managed to pick myself up an m733 colt commando - very small gun for an automatic machine rifle!
um also got a glock 23f, a SOCOM (with broken LAM attachment) and a m3 Shorty Shotgun.

does it disqualify me that all my guns are BB in nature? im in the UK, after all!

a special little 7.62mm and fires better and more accurate than my P-38 above. From WW 1, an aviators pistol that saw action in WW 2 with a LW pilot an also with matching holster.

E ~ SoD yes it is, late war with reddish grips

Very cool.. but I cringe at the lack of gloves or a cloth. White cotton photo gloves are great.

BTW- you probably know but never store guns in the leather holster long term. It will attract moisture to the gun and promote corrosion.

Guns owned: 0
Number of people nearby with guns: 0
Likely number of times being held up at gunpoint: 0
Number of policemen killed in this area in 30 years: 1
Chances of getting robbed: .001%
Reasons to buy a gun: 0

Completely agree, the only guns I have any interest in are WW2 vintage (non firing of course!).

the pics of the two side arms were taken years ago for another militaria forum. They are both shooters and do well although many would freak. Personally I do not care what others think in this case.

~ here is a very rare piece I own. A 1940 G33/40, worth plenty if you know anything about this fine weapon.

~ also have a nice K98 Karbine but it is broken down right now. Do not despair I know full well about moisture and dryness and what it can do

Attachments

• Rifle buttc.jpg
    Rifle buttc.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 280
  • Rifle numbers c.jpg
    Rifle numbers c.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 285
Guns owned: 0
Number of people nearby with guns: 0
Likely number of times being held up at gunpoint: 0
Number of policemen killed in this area in 30 years: 1
Chances of getting robbed: .001%
Reasons to buy a gun: 0
Clave

Guns owned: 5
Number of people nearby with guns: not worried about it
Likely number of times being held up at gunpoint: better than even
Number of policemen killed in this area in 30 years: more than 1
Chances of getting robbed: .5%
Reasons to buy a gun: self defense, keep those dang squirrels off the birdfeeder,
the list is endless....

But then remember that I am just a country boy from Texas...who see
the world a bit different than you

SE well they were vet acquirements except for the Bazooka.

I will tell all of you the story in brief form. I was in the 6th grade ....... (man that seems like an eternity ago). One day my dad and I were driving south of town, crossed the great Rogue river heading to the only sporting goods shop in the small town - at the time. this was back in 1964. What was in place at the front of the shop for at least a year were two huge and had to be at least 15 feet in length, two big aluminum fake fishing lures side by side and what I had noticed during the month was something dark with a type of shield stuck underneath the lures. Well dad had to pick up the latest fishing gadgets for a trip to the high lakes so he went in and I got real curious............WHOA........

i could not believe my eyes. i went in and asked the owner behind the front high counter and he came out and pulled the thing out, it was dusty, cobwebs on the shield and spiders down the barrel, he told me it had been sitting under those big boy lures for 2 years and no-one had an interest in seeing it except for little ol me. He then proceeded to tell me it was $ 20.00 bucks. I of course knew exactly what the "thing" was and pleaded with my dad on the spot. Dad begrudginly said where are you going to put it ? ......in your bedroom or in the garage ? let me worry about that pop. he forked over a 20.00 dollar bill extra to the guy, the owner just smiled and shook his head as we tried almost in vain to cram that long sucker through the back and out the side windows of my dads yellow Ford Falcon.

life is funny ........ ~ the shield is Wehrmacht grey and the barrel is green, have been told this was in service on the Finnish/northern front and taken after war by the Finns who re-painted it green and put an SA marking on the barrel.

They had a home invasion on the next block over from me, over the week-
end. Some dude broke into a ladie's house by cutting a rear screen and
climbing in. This was at 0210.... and she was still up. He attacked her
with a night-stick, and she drilled him twice. Once right
through the heart and again between the upper lip and the bottom of
the nose. The ME sez he was dead before his knees buckled.

She's 71, and the widow of a retired police officer. She used his old
police .38 revolver. The paper said, "No charges will be filed".

Good girl !!

Charles

Har har...............what a frickin idiot. we have had the same thing here several times, though we have a monstrous survival contingent that resides in our Platonic sphere Charles, so a good portion of our elderly population is well armed.

or simply "leave other folks property alone" ............

E ~

" . . . . and stay outta their house!"

Sweet! That guy got what he deserved; I'm glad no charges were filed.

Now, out here in CA, it would be a different story; the poor old homeowner who was just defending his/her property (and self) would probably go to jail for "violating" the criminals "rights". What rights?!?!?!?!?! The guy lost his rights as soon as he put a foot through the window!

Gotta be an idiot to invade someone's home in the south. You might as well knock on someone's front door and ask them to shoot you.

not here you would probably get done for murder if you nailed him and torture if you didn't....
Not sure though......
Erich very interested to see that, dad has something a little more modern. (he is an arms collector and has over 120 guns as well as other assorted arms and ammunition. Among the prizes as i see it are a Boys anti tank rifle, an AR 10 assult rifle, a Luger and every type of Lee-Enfield from the 1 right through to the 5. Also has numerous mausers. My guns include a little Brno 22 mk 1 and a 12gauge that i use for clay target shooting....

I have a small collection.

Glock 27
27.gif

Glock 35
35.gif

Ruger SP101 2-1/2" .357 Magnum
400px-RugerSP101.jpg

Ruger Redhawk, 7-1/2" Barrel, Stainless in .44 Magnum
54L.jpg

Ruger Number 1 in .338 Wichester Magnum
24L.jpg

Remington 870 Express Super Mag Turkey Synthetic