The Guns We Own

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got a model '95 Winchester Lever Action in nickel steel and .35WCF (Which hasn't been made forever...) that was made in 1898. It weighs close to ten pounds and you can't get ammo, so I don't use it. It was my great-grandfather's, who was a guide.

I also have his Winchester 1890(manu. in '03) .22 pump with the octagon barrel, and an even older, very small bolt-action single-shot .22 that weighs about 2 1/2 lbs. I don't know who it's made by, altho it does have 'Sport' engraved just ahead of the rear sight.

An old sporterized Lee-Enfield .303 that still shoots like a champ.

An old Ithaca Featherlight 12 ga. pump that is my all-around favorite (I bought it used when I was 14)

A gorgeous Browning Citori O/U 12 ga that I can't snap-shoot with worth a damn. I guess I'm just too used to the old Ithaca. That old, beat-up pump just shoots wherever I'm lookin. There's nothin' like hunting with an old and trusted pal ;o)

Target: 1923 .22 Colt Pre-Woodsman 98%, 1940-ish .22 Hi-Standard H-D Military also 98% and a Ruger 1022 rifle.

Home Protection and regular target: Springfield 1911 .45 Mil-Spec.

Attachments

• Guns%20001.jpg
    Guns%20001.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Guns%20004.jpg
    Guns%20004.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Guns%20005.jpg
    Guns%20005.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 195

I resized them for you....

Charles

No...its near to impossible for the common folk to own a gun....either you are very rich or very rich and connected and the laws are just plain stupid...for example if you kill someone in self defense you are still going to jail.Or if you are in your house and a thief attacks you with a..lets say a knife you are only allowed to attack him with a similar weapon...:|...what can I say...my country is run by idiots...greedy idiots...:rolleyes:

same here mate, we have to ask the governor if we "may" own a gun after we have taken a psychic test and after we have a paper of good behaviour (with no criminal records what so ever). then you can have a gun with ammo (the ammo is another license). guns of wars (wwI, wwII,...) had to be dismantled by drilling the ammochamber. now they changed it so we can own a gun in firing condition without license (but we cant have any ammo at all).
the you have to know that last year allot of historical weapons where dismantled and melted down or they got drilled holes in the ammo chambers and wellded inside the barrel. so this country is just f***** up on that matter.

i luckely have a Mauser K98k that could be in firing condition but i just need to have the firing pin with the lock chamber.

same here mate, we have to ask the governor if we "may" own a gun after we have taken a psychic test and after we have a paper of good behaviour (with no criminal records what so ever). then you can have a gun with ammo (the ammo is another license). guns of wars (wwI, wwII,...) had to be dismantled by drilling the ammochamber. now they changed it so we can own a gun in firing condition without license (but we cant have any ammo at all).
the you have to know that last year allot of historical weapons where dismantled and melted down or they got drilled holes in the ammo chambers and wellded inside the barrel. so this country is just f***** up on that matter.

i luckely have a Mauser K98k that could be in firing condition but i just need to have the firing pin with the lock chamber.

Is the population, by and large, content with such laws? Same question for you Konigstiger...

Nice armed people we got here.

The mine:

Bersa Thunder 9x19mm pistol ( old model with micrometric sights and 15 rounds magazine)

IGA 12/76 over and under shotgun.

Rubi Extra 16/70 single shot shotgun

Norinco JW15 .22 magnum bolt action rifle. A couple of airguns too.

Im planning to buy a Uberti .44 cap and ball Revolver and/or a Bersa .22 lr, cant decide yet.

It is a Chinese AK with a tapco stock and Galil style gaurd. Plus a peepsight that lets me bounce a coke can around rapidfire at 75 meters. Semiauto unfortunatley.

It is quite legal to buy Fully Automatic guns in the US. The paperwork is a bit more than for buying a regular gun. Basically, you need some forms filled out by your local police, fingerprints, and when everything is approved, there is a $200 transfer fee to be paid to the US Treasury.

As of May 19, 1986, the number of full autos in US civilian hands is capped. No additional guns may be registered after that date that may be sold to civilians. I believe that dealer samples, demo stuff, and of course stuff destined for various police orgs may still be produced.

I believe those are the essentials. If anyone knows different, do comment.
- Ivan.

It is quite legal to buy Fully Automatic guns in the US. The paperwork is a bit more than for buying a regular gun. Basically, you need some forms filled out by your local police, fingerprints, and when everything is approved, there is a $200 transfer fee to be paid to the US Treasury.

As of May 19, 1986, the number of full autos in US civilian hands is capped. No additional guns may be registered after that date that may be sold to civilians. I believe that dealer samples, demo stuff, and of course stuff destined for various police orgs may still be produced.

I believe those are the essentials. If anyone knows different, do comment.
- Ivan.

Ah, thanks Ivan!

The only way to get a gun in Ireland is to get a licence. For that you need to join a gun club(easiest) or get written permission from 3 landowners to hunt on their land and then pass a police check. Then you can get a shotgun or a .22 rifle for hunting. Or those pistols rifles for target shooting.

Last time I can remember someone shooting and killing an intruder was about 4 years ago. Some old farmer living on his own in the middle of nowhere blasted a trespasser (twice!) with a shotgun. He feared was going to rob him as there had been a number of instances in the area around that time. He got 6 years for manslaughter, he was acquited a year later after a retrial.

I don't have a gun, I have a rottweiller, a german shepherd and a bull terrier :twisted:

In order to get a fully automatic weapon, you have to clear DOJ and BATF checks and pay an annual fee *if* you're approved and that's after you've explained to them why you wish to possess it. A class III FFL also allows possesion/ownership of a full-auto, along with some stiff fees.

I tossed together some photos of my favorites in my collection. It's definately not the full collection and I apologize for the poor quality of the photos.

Attachments

• weapons.jpg
    weapons.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 205
Is the population, by and large, content with such laws? Same question for you Konigstiger...

if ur asking if the majority is happy i guess so, but the rest of the people who like guns for sports or hunting or just to keep em for collecting arent happy with it at all. its getitng harder and harder to get a gun without all those paperworks and then it isnt garanteed that you may use them. then you have to go to shootingclubs were that calibre is allowed. Belgium hasnt got many clubs and even huntingseasons are very very limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back