The most important battle of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Umm, in general I agree, but in detail I denie. Yes it proved to be very valid for the allies to bring material to England but even with more subs in 1940/41 the Brits would only develop succesful countermesures for the sub thread more quickly. I don´t see much possibility for the germans to win the atlantic battle. Maybe with type XXI in early 1943 but that is pure fiction...

KraziKanuK said:
Sept 1 1939

The start date of the Battle of Poland. No BoP, no WW2.

Well if you put it that way then June 28, 1919 Versailles. No Versailles no WW2.

And as for the battle of the Atlantic. I dont think even with Type XXI or more U-Boots earlier Germany could have won the battle. They needed a much large Navy period.

sorry for the misstake, Adler, :) ... I'm shure that Germany presented a threat to USA, but not an imediat one... Hitler would have rebuilt his army before engaging in a war over the atlantic ocean... It could have sustain itself in a war against URSS having no imediat enemy in the west... I'm preaty shure of this...

Did not know the Treaty of Versailles was a battle.

Do you want to go back to the 1870s? Naw, lets go back to Adam and Eve.

ah ok interesting last couple of posts...... :?:

for the Atlantic the Kriegsmarine in some way needed a blocking apparatus designed to knock out Allied sonar. Having your converstations intercepted/knowing your whereabouts for U-booten didn't help either. It was all interrelated. KM didn't have the fuels nor a large enough air to ship co-operation besides the destroyer and larger capital fleet was too few in numbers

nay oics??

ok that was some of my worst typing ever, believe it or not that's supposed to say "any pics??"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back