The Paranormal, Unusual Happenings?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Furthest back I could go was 2009 when the US sucicide rate was 20/100,000 not bad odds. If questioned she could have covered any number of ways, good friend, like an uncle, sudden death, suspicious death, etc. Like I said humns tend to have similiar backrounds and a skilled con-artist can ferret these out. As to the internet commercial ISPs began to emerge in the mid 1980s however baring that avenue there were things called libraries that contained all kinds of info, as well as courts police and the good od US census. This is the womans JOB she does it well or she does not eat

Mike I met the woman and had the reading all within an evening never met her before and have never seen her since.Modems on computers back then were 56K remember the movie with Mattew Broderick and the computer phone tranmitter and receiver?we were using those at work then.The woman did not meet me till I walked in that door.

Just food for thought, but here's a good (and very relevant) analogy:
The Luftwaffe was reported to have had at least three operable Lancasters in thier possesion. There was even mention of it in a few Luftwaffe pilot memoirs.

And yet, there's no technical reference to thier existance or disposition and no actual confirmed photograph of thier existance in German possesion.

There has been as much speculation to their fate as there is regarding their color schemes and in spite of this absence of hard proof, it's accepted that three intact Lancasters were seized by the Luftwaffe.

So are we to assume that since there's no hard data on them or any clear and confirmed photographs, we must assume they didn't exist? Surely we cannot simply go on hearsay of a pilot or two, or maybe a fuzzy gun-camera photograph taken of a Lancaster on a German airfield being strafed by an Allied fighter, right?

And yet there are people out there who believe that these mystery Luftwaffe Lancasters did exist...

If I had to give a percent she was 30-40% tops but she also mentioned most anything I tell you can be changed for God gives us freewill.

So, given that rider, that anything can be changed, she couldn't possibly be 'wrong' could she?

People who believe do so for what are to them, real and logical reasons. I am and always have been a total sceptic there are too many ways to fool the brain and wanting something to be true makes it even worse. To me it is very very sad that we are in the 21st century with a population more educated and literate than ever before in history and yet by a recent Gallup Poll Haunted Houses - 37% believe 16% are not sure; Demonic Posession - 42% BELIEVE 13% are not sure (55% think demons are possible and possess humans!!!); Gosts - 32% believe 19% are not sure; Communicating with the dead - 21% believe 23% are not sure.
What can I say?

So, given that rider, that anything can be changed, she couldn't possibly be 'wrong' could she?

Correct! but the fact names were present and facts I was never aware of were presented lend some credibility for me at least.I have to ask with the question as you presented do you believe you have control over your actions??are you going to blame them on God and pre destiny for you quickly fall into then God does exist? which is it?with that logic Hitler was not guilty of anything.

Correct! but the fact names were present and facts I was never aware of were presented lend some credibility for me at least.I have to ask with the question as you presented do you believe you have control over your actions??are you going to blame them on God and pre destiny for you quickly fall into then God does exist? which is it?with that logic Hitler was not guilty of anything.

Well, given that I'm an atheist, none of these options really apply.

Well, given that I'm an atheist, none of these options really apply.

Well then so be it :D but I must ask do things ever happen out of rhyme or reason contray to your wants moving you for a very short trip of life with different goal than you percieved.It was your Lucky day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or maybe that pile of crap?Choices,percepton and attidude are all players in the journey of life.

I dont have any answers, and not much motivation to coment too much on this subject. I have two personal episodes in my own life that kinda made me stop and think, however.

When I was 25 I was married to my first wife. She fell pregnant, and the pregnancy waws at first normal. My grandmother was very excited and looking forward to the birth of her first great grandchild.

Then she died quite suddenly. My wife was in her 7th month of pregnancy

I began having some disturbed sessions of sleep, like something was trying to wake me up all the time

One night I did wake up (or i think I woke up). There at the end of my bed was a blue light, sometimes I thought it looked like my grnadmother, other times not. but it was an old woman with a shawl, and she was knitting booties. She looked at me, and smiled, and I felt (she didnt speak) that everything was goinfg to be allright. I tried to wake up my former wife, but in an instant the image was gone.

My sone was born with no complications.

A few years later, I had a close friend get killed close to home in a motorcycle accident. For three days after he died, I had interuppted sleep, with the same basic question that came to me in dreams and just wouldnt go away....what has happened? Why cant I go home? The persistant questions continued until I turned and in my half awake semi-sleep state answered him that he had passed over and he had to leave. I told him everything would be okay. The sleepless boiuts dispapered and Ive never heard anything again.

Since then Ive not had any experiences that might be described as "paranormal". I dont know that these events ive described are paranormal. They could just as easily be explained by some form of emotional psychosis. Im not saying anything one or the other, just what I saw and experienced.

JHC Michael.

My first wife died of cancer when my first daughter was 3. I often wondered if I would 'see her' again. But, I never did.

People live as memories by those who loved them, that is all... there is no coming back.

Last edited:
As Close as I've Ever Come: Back in the early 70s been married about a year or two when my wife's grandmother died up in Minnesota. They had been very close so we drove up there, about a 12hr drive. Got in late and went to bed pretty quickly in an old guest room. I was beat and was asleep pretty quickly. Awakened some hours later pitch black in the room til I noticed a blue glow at the foot of the bed. Rubbed my eyes a few times and peeked again, yup ghosty blue glow at the foot of the bed. Rubbed eyes and pinched self several time, peeked, you blue glow, raised head further up and a head wearing a hood appeared in the glow, dropped, heart gonig 120bpm. Raised head even higher and the hood became a robe covering a woman looking at me...not catholic but I knows the Madonna. Well I began a total re-evaluation of my life and began pleading and deal making. Wife woke up, "What's wrong with you" she asked. "Look" I stammered and pointed. "Moron, you're not funny" she said and flipped on the light. "That's my grandmothers Virgin Mary statue, it glows in the dark!!! you idiot!!!. "Ha, jokes on you, I knew it all along just testing you" I replied

Hah! I've done that too. And still do it often in my bedroom. I'm blind as a bat without my glasses. About once a week I will wake up at night and become startled that a large "person" is standing next to my wife's side of the bed. Only after I completely come out of my sleep state do I remember that it is just my wife's antique armoire which has a large pot on top (body and head). Scares the **** out of me everytime.

download.jpg

The stuff of nightmares....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back