The Person Below Me (TPBM)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nope, but I am afraid of landing nose first;)

TPBM has experienced several hair raising experiences in an aircraft.

Nope! Btw, the guy in my avatar is none other than Dirk Benedict as Starbuck, from Battlestar Galactica! Yes he also played Lt. Templeton "The Faceman" Peck on The A-Team.

TPBM knew that already....

You mean Charles or Seesul, they usually start the birthdays ceremonies on the forum

BTW the a/c in my siggy is a Fokker T.V, medium bomber.

On may 10th, the 850 shot down one German a/c. Bombed the bridges in Roptterdam om May 11th twice. Last time when returning to Schiphol, it was attacked by 12 Me110's. After another victory on one of these Bf110's, it was shot down and crashed near Waddinxveen. 2 crewmembers died.

TPBM had recognised the a/c already before this post

Nope....:oops:

As for the Master Of Ceremonies, that wasn't exactly what I was thinking about Marcel..... but:

As the war wore on, the highly dangerous role of "Master Bomber" was introduced as a sort of Master of Ceremonies, the appointed Pathfinder (usually a highly experienced senior Officer) circling the target and broadcasting radio instructions to both Pathfinders and Main Force aircraft, correcting aiming points and generally co-ordinating the attack.

TPBM would love to fly in the nose of a Mossie doing 400 mph at nought feet....I would! 8) :shock:

You bet!!!!
You said "her on this forum" so I presumed... oh well. :lol:

TPBM knows why my house (in Dordrecht) is on historic ground (related to WWII of course)

The Dordrecht/Rotterdam area was the place where for the first time in history paratroopers were dropped in great numbers. They took the great Moerdijk bridges (about 2 km from my house), held it until the German panzers arrived and so sealed the fate of the "Vesting Holland"

TPBM would like to tak a look at this historic battlefield

Users who are viewing this thread

Back