The Project (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well today was a milestone - after fixing all the F*#k ups we pushed out of the barn, put some gas in her and she came to life!

The 4th photo is my daughter, she turned 1.5 the other day!

Attachments

• cub1.jpg
    cub1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 143
  • cub2.jpg
    cub2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 145
  • cub3.jpg
    cub3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 155
  • cub4.jpg
    cub4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 140
Well I think all members here can't way until that plane flies....good luck and be sure to take a lot of pictures on that baby while you take it to heaven and back ;)

No actually that was a goof on my part! :lol:

I was a bit hung over this morning when I posted that and I now I finally realized you are talking about Joes Daughter! :lol:

Yeah I feel stupid now....

Thanks guys - besides getting the wings on I have to comply with an AD on the wing struts. The lower portion of the struts corrode so that has to be checked. Also the numbnuts who covered the wings left out about a half dozen cap screws on the lower R/H wing on the L/E. I have to find out if I could put the capscrews over the covering and the patch them or else the whole right wing will have to be re covered.

Although she ran well, the mag switch didn't work right, (bad ground) I had fuel leaks all over the place and the oil pressure sending unit was leaking - all because the folks from Taylorcraft put all the fittings on just a tad tighter than hand tight. I've got to go through everything to make sure this thing doesn't fall apart on the first flight.

Anyway, more to come!

Joe: This is the first I've seen of this thread. I am impressed !! Would like
to see more pic's as the project progresses. Looks like a fun way to spend
a weekend. Have fun !

Charles

I'm dustin' this one off....

Today I moved the plane today to Meadowlake Airport, just east of Colorado Springs. I have it in a hangar and am ready to put the wings on. With that said I'm looking for a first flight sometime in September or October. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back