The Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Connecticut to Colorado???? Someones ass was asleep...
Yep!

I guess back in the good ole days when you could fly over large airports and not talk to anybody!

Looks Great Joe!

Thanks Wayne - when she's done I'll post some detailed photos - maybe you could build one of your award winning models of her! 8)

When I win the lottery this weekend Joe will probably be the owner of this bird;) Only stipulation is he will have to take me up for flights when I'm in Colorado on Hunting trips;)

Looking really good, Joe. 'Bout time for a test flight, don't you think ?
Take the camera with you !! You ought to buy it !!

Charles

Thanks Charles.

I have about a months' worth of work based on my schedule. If I had an easy access to parts and the time I could probably have her in the air within a week.

The camera will be along for the ride!

Now I didn't build it but I just posted this in the model thread, does it look a bit familiar?

Attachments

• Piper Cub_0175.JPG
    Piper Cub_0175.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 118
Beautiful bird Joe I always thought if I was ever able to get a plane I would start with an older Cub.

Well here it is folks. Completed the weight and balance the other day. Just a few more minor adjustments and she's ready to fly. I wanted to start the taxi tests this week but weather and schedule dictated otherwise.

Attachments

• Cub%20finished%20001.jpg
    Cub%20finished%20001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Cub%20finished%20003.jpg
    Cub%20finished%20003.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Cub%20finished%20006.jpg
    Cub%20finished%20006.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 73
Wow first ive seen of this thread, shes looking good joe:D man i wish i had one what ever happened with the faa?
Once I get the log books completed I'll send a copy to the FAA guy who hung the red tag on the aircraft. I'm also keeping my local office in the loop as they eventually will have the final word on all this.

Joe, that looks real nice! Brought back some memories too; I managed to get a couple or three hours on an ex-USAAF Cub a few years back. It was a lovely little bus to fly, even though the cars below were travelling faster!
looking forward to your first-flight report!
Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back