The Thread to end All Political Threads (Hopefully)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Okay ladies and gentleman...

I figured I would put this out there. We have a no politics policy on this forum, and it has been there for quite a long time. If you don't believe me, go and read the forum rules...:D Back in the day, we used to have quite a bit of political discussion here, and it almost always got out of hand. Arguments broke out, and people typically started slinging insults at each other. It got way out of hand...

As the saying goes. Two things that friends should not talk about: Politics and Religion.

These two topics regularly become heated. Why? Because everyone thinks their views, beliefs, or opinions are actually facts and should be pushed upon others. That goes for all parties and all sides. If you are accusing the "other" side of the argument of doing those things, you probably are a hypocrite. If you are accusing the "other" side of always being so easily offended by everything, well then you probably are a hypocrite, because try and be honest with yourself, both sides seem to be pretty damn "easily offended" all the damn time. If you are accusing the other side of "Fake News", but believe all the damn "Fake News" that your "Puppet Masters" are telling you, then you probably at a hypocrite.

It might be harsh what I say above, but it is mostly said with affection. Affection? How is that possible? I'll explain later. :lol:

Well anyhow, go and look at the comment section in Yahoo, or the comment section on pretty much any Facebook "Fake News Right/Conservative/Republican" and "Fake News/ Liberal/Democrat" Meme or News Source. All you see is people spreading hate, calling other "Libtards" or "Racists" or "Nazis". There is nothing but hate and division. That is what they want. They want a divided population. A divided population is a powerless population. Everyone thinks there way is the only way, and no one is willing to compromise. Nobody is talking the truth or facts. It is just fake news (by both sides), hate and insults.

On to the affection part...;)

I have actually lost friends that I deeply cared about because of this. I could not take the fact that they were blind to it all, and helping to spread the hate and further the division. I witnessed friends literally at each others throats. Years of friendships over in an instance. Everyone has become so polarized. (I am guilty of this myself) Myself and the other Chris (Njaco) are no longer in contact outside of a few posts here and there on this very forum because of this. I miss our friendship very much. I view each and every one of you as friends (well most of you...:lol:), and I don't want these friendships to go that same way. I don't want this forum to go the same way as the examples above (It has happened here before. We deleted most of the really bad threads...).

That is why I hold the forum policy of "No Politics" so dearly, and enforce it so much.

There are countless places all over the internet, where people can discuss politics and these topics There are countless places all over the internet, where people can insult each other, and spread lies and fake news (Yeah both sides are guilty of it. Have to remind some of you of this...;)). Lets keep this place a sanctuary from that, and not ruin something good that we have here.

I hope you can respect that...(Whether you agree or not.)

Thank you.

P.S. And just incase you need to get some political relief, or get something off of your chest, I have provided you with plenty of avenues for fake news, hatred and division: :D

www.yahoo.com
www.facebook.com
Fox News
CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos
www.youngcons.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.infowars.com
www.breitbart.com
www.occupydemocrats.com

Last edited:
Oh, and the no politics rule does not apply to historical politics in relation to WW2 Aviation, Military History, etc. You can talk about the politics that has led to the war, or hell you can talk about the Politics that led to the American Revolution for all I care.

Just no MODERN politics, or topics that dabble into, i.e., gun control, religion, left vs. right, Trump, Obama, etc...

I was one of those political posters of old. I'm glad that its gone, avoid as much as I can stuff like facebook and twitter, and don't miss it at all.

I'm glad about the clarification about "historical politics' but would suggest that a cut off date say no closer than 30 years from present day.

Oh, and the no politics rule does not apply to historical politics in relation to WW2 Aviation, Military History, etc. You can talk about the politics that has led to the war, or hell you can talk about the Politics that led to the American Revolution for all I care.

Just no MODERN politics, or topics that dabble into, i.e., gun control, religion, left vs. right, Trump, Obama, etc...
The beauty of those politics is that they are old history and the events of that time can never be undone.:)

"life is too short for Bullsh!t"

... tell that to the farmer or home vegetable gardener.

Humor is the best antidote. The nations that use or have used the Goosestep in their military are and have always regimes that could not/cannot openly laugh at themselves.

"life is too short for Bullsh!t"

... tell that to the farmer or home vegetable gardener.

Humor is the best antidote. The nations that use or have used the Goosestep in their military are and have always regimes that could not/cannot openly laugh at themselves.

You are right, humor is good. You can check your politics at the door though...

You have plenty of other avenues to use. Keep this place free of it.

what happened in 1776
Jan 1 Gen George Washington hoists Continental Union Flag
Jan 2 1st revolutionary flag displayed
Jan 2 Austria ends interrogation torture
Jan 5 Assembly of New Hampshire adopts its 1st state constitution
Jan 10 "Common Sense" Pamphlet by Thomas Paine, published advocating American independence
Jan 16 Continental Congress approves enlistment of free blacks
Jan 18 James Wright, Royal Governor of Georgia, is placed under house arrest by Major Joseph Habersham
Jan 24 Henry Knox arrives at Cambridge, Massachusetts, with the artillery that he has transported from Fort Ticonderoga
Feb 8 Wolfgang von Goethe's "Stella" premieres in Hamburg
Feb 17 1st volume of Gibbon's "Decline & Fall of Roman Empire" published
Mar 2 Americans begin shelling British troops in Boston
Mar 3 American commodore Esek Hopkins occupies Nassau, Bahamas
Mar 4 The Americans capture Dorchester Heights dominating the port of Boston, Massachusetts.
Mar 9 Publication of influential economics book "The Wealth of Nations" by Adam Smith
Mar 17 British forces evacuate Boston to Nova Scotia during Revolutionary War
Mar 25 Continental Congress authorized a medal for George Washington
Mar 28 Juan Bautista de Anza finds the site for the Presidio of San Francisco.
Apr 1 Friedrich von Klinger's "Sturm und Drang" premieres in Leipzig
Apr 3 George Washington receives honorary Ll.D. degree from Harvard College
Apr 7 Captain John Barry and the USS Lexington captures the Edward.
Apr 12 Halifax resolution for independence adopted by North Carolina
Apr 15 Duchess of Kingston found guilty of bigamy
May 1 Adam Weishaupt founds secret society of Illuminati
May 2 France & Spain agreed to give weapons to American rebels
May 4 Rhode Island declares independence from Britain
May 12 Turgot, French minister of Finance, resigns
Jun 7 Richard Lee (VA) moves Declaration of Independence in Continental Congress
Jun 11 Continental Congress creates committee (Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Roger Sherman, and Robert R. Livingston) to draft a Declaration of Independence
Jun 12 Virginia adopts Declaration of Rights
Jun 28 Final draft of Declaration of Independence submitted to Continental Congress
Jun 28 Charleston, South Carolina repulses British sea attack
Jun 29 Mission Dolores founded by San Francisco Bay
Jun 29 Virginia state constitution adopted and Patrick Henry made governor
Jul 1 1st vote on Declaration of Independence for Britain's North American colonies
Jul 2 NJ Jersey gives the right to vote to all adults who could show a net worth of 50 pounds
Jul 2 Continental Congress resolves "these United Colonies are & of right ought to be Free & Independent States"
Jul 2 At the Continental Congress, John Dickinson abstains from the votes that declare independence
Jul 4 According to popular legend the Liberty Bell rings for the Second Continental Congress
Jul 4 US Congress proclaims the Declaration of Independence and independence from Britain
Jul 6 American Declaration of Independence announced on front page of "PA Evening Gazette"
Jul 8 Col John Nixon gives the 1st public reading of the Declaration of Independence to an assemblage of citizens in Philadelphia
Jul 9 Declaration of Independence is read to George Washington's troops (NY)
Jul 11 Captain James Cook begins his third voyage
Jul 12 Captain James Cook departs with Resolution for 3rd trip to Pacific Ocean
Aug 2 Formal signing of the US Declaration of Independence by 56 people (date most accepted by modern historians)
Aug 10 Word of the United States Declaration of Independence reaches London.
Aug 27 British defeat Americans in Battle of Long Island
Aug 29 Americans withdraw from Manhattan to Westchester
Aug 30 Continental Army evacuates Long Island and falls back to Manhattan, NYC
Sep 6 Hurricane hits Martinique; 100 French and Dutch ships sink; 600 die
Sep 6 1st (failed) submarine attack: David Bushnell's "Turtle" attacks British sailboat "Eagle" in Bay of NY
Sep 6 Hurricane hits Guadeloupe, killing more than 6,000.
Sep 9 Congress officially renames the country as the United States of America (Was the United Colonies)
Sep 10 George Washington asks for a spy volunteer, Nathan Hale volunteers
Sep 12 Nathan Hale leaves Harlem Heights Camp (127th St) for spy mission
Sep 15 British forces capture Kip's Bay, Manhattan, during Revolution
Sep 17 The Presidio of San Francisco is founded in New Spain.
Sep 21 5 days after British take New York, a quarter of the city burns down
Sep 21 Nathan Hale, spied on British for American rebels, arrested
Sep 24 First St Leger horesrace held at Doncaster
Oct 9 Mission Dolores founded by San Francisco Bay
Oct 11 Brigadier-General Arnold's Lake Champlain fleet defeated by British during the Battle of Valcour Island (American Revolutionary War)
Oct 12 British Brigade begins guarding Throgg Necks Road in Bronx
Oct 18 In a bar decorated with bird tail in Elmsford, New York, a customer requests a glassful of "those cock tails" from bartender Betsy Flanagan
Oct 18 Battle of Pelham: Col John Glover & Marblehead regiment meet British Forces in Bronx
Oct 26 Benjamin Franklin departs for France on a mission to seek French support for the American Revolution
Oct 28 Battle of White Plains: George Washington retreats to New Jersey
Nov 1 Mission San Juan Capistrano founded in California
Nov 16 1st gun salute for an American warship in a foreign port - US Andrew Doria at Fort St Eustatius (Dutch Caribbean island)
Nov 16 British troops capture Fort Washington during American Revolution
Nov 18 Hessians capture Ft Lee, NJ
Nov 30 Captain James Cook begins 3rd & last trip to the Pacific
Dec 5 First US fraternity, Phi Beta Kappa (William & Mary College), forms
Dec 8 George Washington's retreating army crosses Delaware River from NJ
Dec 19 Thomas Paine publishes his 1st "American Crisis" essay beginning"These are the times that try men's souls"
Dec 23 Continental Congress negotiates a war loan of $181,500 from France
Dec 25 George Washington crosses Delaware, surprises and defeats 1,400 Hessians
Dec 26 George Washington defeats Hessians at Battle of Trenton in American Revolutionary War
Dec 31 Rhode Island establishes wage & price controls to curb inflation: Limit is 70 cents a day for carpenters, 42 cents for tailors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back