The weather where you live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raining + 4 C outside.Was + 12 C on 20 Meter in the sea earlier today,+24 C innside:D

Today it was about 17 C and partly cloudy all day.

Im hopeing that in the next week or so, winter will finally arrive and I can get some damn snow!

It's a great time of year here in Arkansas DerAdlerIstGelandet. The temps range from highs in the mid 60's to the low 70's and lows in the mid 40's to low 50's (farinheight ofcouse). We sleep with the windows open at night, and look for excuses to get out into the sunshine during the day.
sams_throne_017_l.gif

Photo from Arkansas State Parks Dept.
Don't you just love the fall colors this time of year?

Looks nice, but not the weather that I like for this time of the year. I want the snow and the cold weather! It is perfect for the upcoming Christmas markets and this time of the year.

It is unusually warm right now for this time the year with temps ranging from about 64 F to 71 F. This time last year we allready had about a foot of snow on the ground.

Looks nice, but not the weather that I like for this time of the year. I want the snow and the cold weather! It is perfect for the upcoming Christmas markets and this time of the year.

Well down here in the Southern U.S., winter is a terrible time of the year. We don't get a lot of snow here. Winter percipitation usually comes in the form of an ice storm, and those are really nasty. The ice builds up on everything, and powerlines snap, trees break, and you can't drive on the roads.

The last ice storm that we had caused us to go without electricity for nearly two weeks, and the roads were iced over for nearly a week. Trucks couldn't get down the interstate highways and so no stores got their deliveries, so their shelves were empty.... see what I mean???

Well down here in the Southern U.S., winter is a terrible time of the year. We don't get a lot of snow here. Winter percipitation usually comes in the form of an ice storm, and those are really nasty. The ice builds up on everything, and powerlines snap, trees break, and you can't drive on the roads.

The last ice storm that we had caused us to go without electricity for nearly two weeks, and the roads were iced over for nearly a week. Trucks couldn't get down the interstate highways and so no stores got their deliveries, so their shelves were empty.... see what I mean???

Yes I know I have lived in N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama.

Today here in Germany it was about 14 C and partly cloudy. It is getting colder though everyday now finally. They are actually calling for our fist snow tomorrow through Friday. Damn I cant wait.

Well today we had a high of 2 C. At about lunch time a really big snow storm started. It has not stopped snowing heavy yet and it is 1730 now. Tonight the temp is expected to drop to -8 C and snow some more. I did not take the picture below because I did not have my camera. It is beautiful though.

For someone who loves the winter time and snow I feel very fortunate living in Bavaria.

Attachments

• erster schnee.JPG
    erster schnee.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back