The Weather Where You Live? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started to snow in the middle of the day.Then a short break. And it started again.There is 3cm of fresh snow came down.Still snowing. The temperature about -2C.

Last edited:
-2 C and heavy snow all day. Supposed to continue with the snow all weekend long as well. Heavy winds expected tonight.

Several Autobahns have been closed down because of the high winds and ice freezing on the roads.

Attachments

• cool.jpg
    cool.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 75
-2 C right now and still heavy snow. We got another fresh 20 cm last night. Chaos out on the roads. At the intersection near my house there are 3 trucks just stuck in the snow. Good thing I can go right on by them with my Jeep.

Monster snow storm moving into the southern part of Minnesota this afternoon, expecting 12-24" of snow by the time it is over on Saturday, with extreme winds and expected windchill temps of minus 35-45 degrees F. Then the bottom falls out on the actual air temp on Sunday, high of 1 degree F on Sunday and Monday.
Was hoping to get out and do some ice fishing this weekend, but that ain't happening now. Lakes probably won't be safe with all that snow on it if it doesn't blow a away.
Better stock up on groceries and beer tonight in case I'm snowed in for the weekend.

Last edited:
Was clear and cold with a haze today after a nearly freezing night with a dense fog, but as soon as the sun got near the horizon, the fog rolled in again. And a brutal fog it is...

Visability is down to a couple yards, definately nothing you want to be driving in.

Current temps (at 6:30 pm) are 49°F/10°C and dropping.

Are you ready for this ? It's snowing in Va. Beach !! The temp is 32F, with a slight
breeze. I doubt that we will get more than a half an inch, but it is laying on cars,
lawns, and rooftops. I doubt we're ready to call out the snow-plows.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_1897.JPG
    DSC_1897.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
No Snow of course 26'@sunrise w/17' windchill.The last time it snowed was Christmas Day 2004 first in 50 years that day.Theory snow=active hurri season in GOM 3 out of 4 times=hits NGOM.So watch it Dan :D

Cold!!! +3 F for a high today if we are lucky. Just dig out of 18" of snow, some spots in the driveway and on the garage roof were aproaching 3 feet in depth due to drifting. I'm tired of Winter already and it's has barely even begun.

Today from my balcony at 3p.m.:
Picture005-1.jpg

Smaller round is tower of Split airport, bigger - behind roof is city of Trogir:
Picture006-1.jpg

Cold north-east wind named -bura- cleans sea and sky:
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Trogir(on west) is not seen on this map

kastela2.jpg

And bigger
map12.gif

Now outside is -2C (42F?) thanks to -bura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back