The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

16C today cold wet and rained a lot of the day.......worse yesterday with over 30mm of rain.....I thought it was summer down under....??
Summers down under are often wet...very wet. I can attest to it having been flooded in numerous times. The most we had in the last 20yrs was 19 inches (482.6mm) in 1 day.

This is a common summer scene for us:

P1010802.JPG

BTW, that's 1.5 - 2m deep and fast flowing.

Cold and rainy but I ran a 5K in 38 minutes (which is slow). Wife also ran.

Cold and rainy but wife and I walked a mile each way to local brewery for a pint. Mmmmmm "Whispers in the Dark"

Last edited:
Late to this party
but
September 12 the Phoenix east valley was hammered by the equivalent of a Cat One hurricane. Winds of 60 kts with gusts up to 80+ driving penny-sized hail. Crews were still clearing-repairing two weeks later. Nearby Falcon Field was Arc Lighted (lit?) with 40-some planes wrecked or damaged--some piled on one another--with hangar roofs and doors torn off.

It came after a beastly summer that broke the record for most 110+ degree days.

Just FWIW. (The Chamber of Commerce is lying low on both counts!)

In a word...YUCK!!!!

Image 15-12-2023 at 5.03 am.jpg

And for those in places like the USA, the maximums here are ranging from 90°F - just shy of 100°F...and humid!!!

Last edited:
So I should not pack Shorts and Flip-Flops for my mid-winter va-ca to Calgary?
;)
Well, it was unusually warm beyour standards when I got home .... it reached +9C. We can hit air temoeratures in the -30's, with windchills in the -40s. And yes, you WILL see people in shorts when the Chinooks blow - it can get up to +20C at any time in winter. The weather here is something I would describe as 'Bonkers'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back