The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother Nature is blessing us with a few more cm of fine powdery snow [we've got lots a;ready]. If it gets windy again, the drifts will get even bigger and deeper! :shock: It's time to pray for a 'Chinook' to clear of the streets and highways.

Weather Elements: The Chinook

Low today was -12C (10F) and it is -5C (23F) at the moment. Very icy outside. I lost control of my Jeep today on black ice coming home from Bowling Practice. Fortunately I did not hit anyone or anything.

Tonight the temp is supposed to drop to -20 (-4F) and then tomorrow after warming up a bit -8C (17F) to -2C (28F) we are supposed to get a strong winter storm that will last until Monday night bringing lots of snow.

Snowing lightly with temps around freezing and supposed to be that way next couple of days. Hitting black ice not fun and glad you got her under control.

Something snuck in during the night and the over night low was -33°C [-27°F] instead of -20°C [-4°F] :shock:

Not as cold as where some of you guys are, but cold enough for the UK, at -4, dropping to an expected -7 tonight here in the North (well, North-ish!). Warmer in London, apparently -1.

We're close to the sea which is still warm. We had some decent freezing weather last week and we have 4-6 cm of ice. I've been skating (Hollands sport no. 1) for the last 3 days on shallow waters (just enough ice to support me), but it seems to warm up a little and getting above the 0°C mark :(

The city snowplows finally got around to my part of the city today. Now we've got big ridges of plowed snow down the middle of the streets and roadways.

The snow's blowing around a bit today and the drifts are getting wider and deeper. Temp. is-5°C / +23°F. Some of the drifts around fences and retaining walls are high enough to make snow caves in. Brings back my childhood days.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back