The Weather Where You Live?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what it's like when it snows around there Karl - good luck mate! More snow coming down here, and the temp recorded at Woodford Aerodrome, four miles from me, was the coldest in England (not UK) at -17 when recorded. Actual temp outside my front door, taken on two thermometers, one digital, one mercury, was - 21 degrees at 04.30 hrs this morning. Main roads passable, my street still blocked with ice and cars.

Clear day today with a bit of snow overnight. Pretty cold, around -5C all day.

I know what you mean Terry about those who can't drive in the snow, I may have only passed my test in the last 4 years but I still have had a fair amount of snow driving experience (especially compared with you down South), so it doesn't phase me to much. Plus most of the time I am driving my mum's Freelander so it's 4x4 which does help. I actually now quite enjoy driving in the snow (especially in large open spaces ;)).

41C is getting a bit hellish, it is alright if it is a dry heat (like I had when I was in Madagascar (apparently we peaked at 52C!)) however humid heat is just unbearable. You need some wind on days like that or a nice cold swimming pool or both and a cold drink...

a crystal-clear night with stars shining like small LED torches, no wind, lots of snow and a temperature at - 28 C [82.4 F]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back