The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not a Henly or Hotspur.... haven't heard those names for quite a while !!. British, 'round' engine.

Good call, but its not a Skua...Terry thought it was as well.

Final clue for the evening....and I expect you guys to get it tonight !!!....fixed undercart :)

Well done matey, it is indeed the Albacore !

Its smaller than a Hampden and its British
There is only one survivor. It has 2 machine guns.
it could be used as a dive bomber
It's a multi seater and looks very similar to plane that had shared the same name as a modernish jet that had great promise but was scrapped... (this was the Swordfish and that was originally to be called the TSR2 !!!)
British, 'round' engine.

Took these at the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton

Attachments

• fa1.jpg
    fa1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 96
  • fA2.jpg
    fA2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 101
  • fa3.jpg
    fa3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 115
My first thought was the Albacore, but I didn't think it had a 'flat' canopy section, until I looked at a pic of one, hence first guess being Defiant - which I thought was the replica one, not the only real one left.
OK, try this.

Attachments

• WIG 17.jpg
    WIG 17.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 81
Norab has it. The last remaining Dinah, in the RAF Museum, Cosford. I was allowed close access to this aircraft to get some detail shots for Glenn, although not to the interior, as it was under refurbishment. Inside some of the opened panels was what was thought to be coral dust.

Attachments

• Cosford 126.jpg
    Cosford 126.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 87
Some obsure ultralight I guess, but no idea what. The shape seems familiar, but then a lot of them look similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back