The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Top marks again. It is a Cat....only problem, I can't remember what year I took the pic at Duxford and I cant find the original pic yet ....Grrrrr. I'll have another look tomorrow eve, so please post away

Another one which suddenly clicked! I knew I'd seen that shape, in photos and 'for real' - probably the same bird at Duxford some years ago. I didn't even notice the cryptic clue about 'cat out of the bag', but the change in landing technique did prompt me, I'll admit - from sea plane to amphibian. Good one Gary!
OK, try this - probably won't take long, but then ....

Attachments

• WIG 30.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 58
An interesting thing happened there....

I dowloaded the image, so I could brighten it to better see what I was looking at. But there must have been some sort of bug in the image, because the preview thumbnail revealed what it was!

Hm. Interesting to know that the original image is saved after cropping and saving as a separate file! Thanks for your honesty and integrity, in not naming the subject!
It is indeed a Mosquito. This one was a TT35, converted from a B35. It was then partly re-converted back to B35, had the nose glazing painted over, and dummy .303 Brownings fitted, to represent a sort of FBVI for the movie '633 Squadron'.
It now resides in the RAF Museum Cosford, painted as Guy Gibson's Mossie.

Attachments

• Cosford 091.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Cosford 096.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 43
Nice one Terry, havent seen that bird before !.

As you and I seem to recognise our entries straight away, I'll pass on posting up a replacement and get you to do the honours again, and I won't enter your future ones

OK Gary. I think you might have seen that Mossie before - I'm not 100% sure, but I think it used to be at Duxford many years ago, in green/grey camouflage.
OK, try this lumpy thing.

Attachments

• WIG 31.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 60
It certainly is Jim, well done!
It's actually the nose section of the 'weird nosed' Canberra, in this instance the trainer version of the ECM aircraft, the T17A, seen at the Midland Air Museum.

Attachments

• Midland Air Museum 098.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 56
Looks like a cross between D Vaders Tie fighter and a Kamov Hokum !

Users who are viewing this thread