The What is it? Game

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

All excellent guesses, sadly, none are correct. To the best of my knowledge, this bird never flew for the US in the Vietnam theater.

Hmm. Maybe an F-104, possibly in Belgian colours, but I doubt it. So then, a F-86 Sabre ?
And if it turns out to be what I was going to suggest, I need a good kicking!!

OK, this one might be a little tricky for some, but whistle whilst gardening, and it could bring treasures sailing in.......

Attachments

• WIG 34.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 101
Guessing a long way, judging the gray paint, and the window to wiper size, its either a transport/tanker or amphibian based... RF-135? (I was initially thinking of a HP/BAe Victor or a Herc, but googling pics, the contours don't match along with the doors just visible)

Last edited:
Jim has it!
It's an Armstrong Whitworth Argosy - hence the cryptic clues in the intro - whistling and gardening = 'Whistling Wheelbarrow', one of it's more polite nicknames, and treasures sailing in = Argosy, or Argos, a treasure-laden ship.
This one is preserved at Cosford, and is the type I did my Para course on. The 'bomb aimer's' window, with escape hatch below, is supposed to be used for accurate 'spotting' of para drops, but was rarely, if ever, used.

Attachments

• Argosy..jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Cos Mic 058.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread