Theme directly after logging in

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
If I have logged out or try to acces the forum from another computer, I always get the metro skin, not the WW2aircraft fluid skin that should be default. When I'm not logged in, I do get the fuid skin.
Why is it that Metro is default for logged-in members?

It's difficult to say. But I think it may be a net browser cache. Please set the fluid skin when you logged in and wait a little bit. Then log out. And log in again checking what skin you have.

Thanks Wojtek,

yes that works. It's not a cache problem, but a cookie problem.
But the other problem still exists. New users will always get Metro as skin when they join the site.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of that. Sorry but I can't check this. I have been using the basic ( fluid_ww2) since it was introduced. Before that I had had the the previous one set. Anyway I wrote it down. Both the Metro and Electron style are during trials here. I think Horse can get it sorted out soon.

Bumbing this up. It's still the case that the skin changes to Metro when I log in on the forum. This is usually on the iPad, which seems to lose the cookies quite often. But beside that, should the fluid theme not be the default when logging in on the side without previous cookies? It looks very inconsequent. So to be clear, I get the following themes in different situations
Logged out: fluidww2
Fresh login, no previous cookie: Metro
Logged in on a coputer where I've set the permanent logged in box: fluidww2 ( keeps the setting in a cookie)

Nobody else this problem?

To emulate, try to remove your cookies and history and then log in on the site. You'll get the metro interface if it works the same way mine does.

When I log in on my iphone 4 or Kobo reader(which I only use when I'm in camp), it always takes me to Electron I'll try your suggestion in Post #2 Wojtek and let you know tomorrow.

Geo

Don't see the issue myself but I'm logged in basically the whole time so...

Yes, on some computers I have that as well, and then it works, but if I'm correct, for new members, the theme changes after logging in for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back